*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741216-Tuesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#741216 added December 6, 2011 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Sad. I haven't managed lyrics or contest entries so far this week. I've barely cranked out 750 words almost to the word every night right before falling asleep. I haven't published a blog post in three days. My dog is having a hell of a housebreaking setback, and I don't have the time or the inclination to go out in the cold weather with him and retrain him on the word "potty" and the requirement that it be done "outside." I haven't even started the performance evaluations I've had on my to-do list for three months.

But the closet is in, the back room in the studio is clean and the upcoming winter break renovation is scheduled and organized, so that's good. And just as I was feeling like a total slacker who can't accomplish the most reasonable of goals, I ran into a calendar from a few years ago that listed in the future planning section: "Retire" (from Abbott) by the end of 2011 and "Open a studio" in 2012. And then I felt better.

Quick weirdness: My ex contacted me today about guitar lessons for his daughter. That would be awkward. Besides, I think it was an excuse to hold a conversation (albeit via text.)

I would talk more about that, but right now, I'm tired and have 750 words to write before bed. If I'm smart, I'll write them about my employees and get these evaluations started. Or I'll write lyrics or a contest entry. But I won't be smart. I'll probably just spend 752 words bitching about how I'm too tired to do this, and how it feels like homework.

Peace. (Listen to what I say, not what I do.)

© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741216-Tuesday