*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741482-This-ones-about-the-nomination
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#741482 added December 10, 2011 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the nomination.
Happy Saturday people! Allow me to speak on a subject I'm very familiar with: My Writing Style. It's been described in many ways throughout the years (mostly complimentary). I thought I'd offer my take on it. It's pretty conversational, but in a way where I'm telling you a one-sided story. I say "conversational" because the way you read it is pretty much exactly how I would tell you in person what's going on, only without you interjecting *Smirk*. Imagine a phone conversation, only neither of us knows the mic on your phone doesn't work and I think you're just letting me ramble and get all my points out. And then I hang up after like, 10 seconds of awkward silence *Laugh*.

Why am I bothering to bring this up? Well, it appears this little crumb of internet pastry has been nominated for the title of WDC's Best Blog of 2011. Uhhhh, WHAT?? I came across that little bit of info while reading the other nominee (to date), Julie D - PUBLISHED! 's "Invalid Item. Maybe I should go through my email a little better and see if I already knew this. When I texted justjessica1 to let her know and her response was (and I quote verbatim) "Get the motherfn out!! I'm so proud of you baby!!", my guess is No, I don't believe I knew that.

So what is all of the hullabaloo about? Well, I came across this: "The Quills. Apparently, WDC has an "award ceremony" every year where members can nominate different items in different categories, and the winning item receives some sort of award within the site and all of the love that comes with it. Am I stoked? I'll quote the response I had to Jess the CWC (again, verbatim), "Hellz yeah! Thanks!" Here's the proof: "Invalid Item...scroll down a little to the "Best Blogs" category. You'll see me. *Bigsmile*

I appreciate the respect. "The Quills" is the WDC equivalent of the Oscars, Grammys, Tonys, and all the other great creative awards. Only slightly, ummm, less prestigious? Yeah, that's it. And I'm not even about to get into handicapping who might win. We need a few more blogs to be nominated before any of us is considered for an award. So all y'all other bloggers in the WDC community need to step up!! Because I don't like my chances when it's just me vs. Jules. *Laugh*

So what I'm thinking (in terms of helping my chances) is that all of my friends that read this that aren't on WDC should becomes members. Why? Cuz it's free. And then if you wanna comment on it, you can comment here on WDC. And I think more comments from the WDC community will help my chances. Grassroots, ya know? Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta bang out the rest of this entry so I can hit up kiyasama about cashing in my gift certificate to her sign shop and get me an image to commemorate this little bit of good news.

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

Even though it's horrible in the video-quality department, and it's been around for years and still gets played regularly, you can't deny that this is one of the best Christmas songs of the initial pop/punk generation. Catchy. Snarky. What more could I be asking for in my determination to give you some of the best non-traditional music of the season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xEopHCtEUo

VITAL STATS:

*Bell* I knew I shouldn't have opened my mouth during a Sabres game. Started talkin' when they were flying sround during the 2nd period of a tied hockey game. Then they lose, 4-1. Man, that's a cold walk to the car tonight for the fans at the FN Center made even colder.

*Bell* While I enjoy being able to sleep in a little before I go to work, I believe I slept in too much. I was not ready for the work environment at 10am, even though I was in bed before 11pm. Too much sleep is not a good thing, apparently.

*Bell* Two days off, however, when coupled with a third day when I can sleep in and actually wake up and get acclimated to the day before I go back to work...now that's a remedy.

Ok folks, I'm out. Gotta grab a bite to eat and then try to catch some SNL tonight...a guy I went to high school with will be Katy Perry's drummer for her musical spots. How freakin' sweet is that gig? He's toured with a lot of other nationally-known artists before. Y'all have a wonderful weekend...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741482-This-ones-about-the-nomination