*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741576-This-ones-about-one-less-thing-to-worry-about
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#741576 added December 11, 2011 at 11:05pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about one less thing to worry about.
Ahhh, welcome on a cold winter Sunday. Sundays in the fall and winter are nothing for me but watching football. I wake up, check over my fantasy football roster one last time, get all of the supplies I'll need for the day, and make sure I'm home by the 1pm kickoff to watch my Bills (more about them later).

However, that was not the case today. For the first time since the start of the season, I didn't have to think about my fantasy team. Due to a combination of poor drafting, injuries, and players only producing on the field when they're stapled to my bench, team Incredibad finished the regular fantasy season last week a disappointing 6-7, which is good for 7th place and left on the outside looking in for the playoffs. So much for scouting players and matchups during the week, watching injury reports and nervously watching highlights hoping for something good. Now, for the rest of the season, I can just be a casual fan and root for my team rather than a bunch of overpayed adults playing a kids' game. It's this time of year when I wonder why I put myself through all of that and swear next year I won't...til summer rolls around, training camp opens and I get the itch for everything football again.

And the Bills? Ahhh, the darlings at the start of the year! Shot out of the gate with a couple of upset and come-from-behind wins over some big teams, they really had us captivated and #Billieving. The cries that "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!" were back loud and clear. Fitzmagic was for real with his beard and Amish rifle. FredEx was delivering the rock and leading the league in rushing. We finally had a team!

And as usual, the injuries pile up, opposing teams catch on, and the inevitable tailspin begins. I don't even know where to begin with this team. I'll never stop being a fan, but when will I get tired of the emotional investment I make year-in and year-out? The "playoffs on life support" had their plug mercifully (and resoundingly) pulled by San Diego...and it seems that nobody circles the drain like the Buffalo Bills.

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

Perhaps no other Christmas song serves the dual purpose of providing a little laughter while unknowingly mocking my football season. You definitely won't hear this in stores. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg66j0fUbUk&feature=related

VITAL STATS:

*Football* So justjessica1 and I are both off work Monday. She's resting off a headache after working and running errands. Word around the house is we're gonna decorate for Christmas. Fearless Prediction: She'll sleep most of the afternoon while I start bringing up boxes of glittery, Xmas-y decor. She'll wake up and be too tired to decorate. I'll try to not express frustration. Loooooooove yooooooouuu!

*Football* Hey! Wish The StoryMaster a happy birthday today! *Balloonr* *Balloonr*

*Football* Well, at least I still have the...uhhhh, never mind. The Sabres will struggle to make the playoffs. It's gonna be a long winter. *Worry*

*Football* Arguably, maybe one of the worst things about Christmas is that damn near every decoration, ornament and piece of decor is made of at least 10% glitter, and when I say glitter I don't mean this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118589/...that at least goes away when you change the channel. I mean the shiny, sparkly stuff that clings to your skin no matter how much you shower and try to brush it off. Working in retail, I'm convinced that due to all the crap we sell for the holidays, I'll be so sparkly that people might need to wear sunglasses around me until at least April.

Ahhh, well, I'll leave it all at that for tonight folks. Thanks for stopping by...and I hope the work and/or school week is pleasant to ya. GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741576-This-ones-about-one-less-thing-to-worry-about