*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742085-This-ones-about-the-sickness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#742085 added December 18, 2011 at 10:31pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the sickness.
Hey people...I've come to a realization that there's a good thing about being sick. It's taking that medicine-induced nap that consists of three hours of not feeling like you're coughing up nails and rubber cement every thirty seconds. The only drawback to that? While laying there in that post-nap haze, you feel something like a cat about to jump on your chest, and you scream when you realize it's your girlfriend trying to kiss you on the forehead cuz she thinks you're still in dreamland...thereby erasing all that goodwill you've done to your throat.

So after sweating through a fever most of the night and waking up halfway through it gaagging on the post-nasal disgustingness to the point of almost vomiting, foolish me decided to try to make it to work today. And that lasted all of one and one-half hours. The Dayquil wasn't working and the OJ was still making me feel like I was being stabbed in the throat (ohhhhh, baaaaad pun). Lethargy replaced all personality. Productivity would've been the bare minimum. I came home and took the first of two very comforting naps. I may have still had that fever through the first nap, because I woke up drenched in my own cold sweat.

Jess' dad was coming over for dinner and to paint one of our living room walls for her, so I stuck it out for a little bit. Sensing it'd be for the best, I excused myself and took another nap (the nap I described in my opening). Finally, 12 hours after my initial attempt at tackling this sickness, do I feel semi-capable of doing anything. And all I'm gonna do is go back to sleep and do pretty much nothing but relax on my "real" day off tomorrow.

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

I love this band, and I think I have all of their cd's...but I never knew they did a Christmas song until I started this little project. It's simple and to the point... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYlMw8tcoY

VITAL STATS:

*Ornament1s* Wow Bills...that 30-23 loss to the Dolphins didn't sound nearly as close as the score indicated.

*Ornament1s* Ate a real meal for maybe the second time all week (remember, I started the week with a stomach virus). Yeah, that may have tasted good and I may have needed the nourishment, but that didn't go over well. *Sick* Kinda glad that when I tried to schedule a doctor's appointment for a routine check-up in September, they didn't have any openings til this week.

*Ornament1s* May have to finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow anyway, even though I'll be off Wednesday (due to said appointment). Although I'm not so sure I'll want to get up and take Jess to work at 7am when I can just sleep in and go without a car for the day. But I guess I can shop in the evening if she doesn't have anything else going on.

That's all for tonight folks...thanks for putting up with my pathetic, sick self for a night. Hope you're all doing well. Peace and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742085-This-ones-about-the-sickness