*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742002-This-ones-about-the-finale
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#742002 added December 17, 2011 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the finale.
Good evening fine friends...all I can say is WOW!!

What helps a stubborn chest cold (at least temporarily)? Good, loud rock and roll. Music where the bass and drum make you think the cement floor under your feet is shaking. Emotional music done right...heartfelt pop/punk/metal that turns you as often as the song turns. Ladies and gentlemen, that was my evening.

My buddy Josiah's band Letterset played their last show ever tonight, and to say it was EPIC is probably the understatement of the year. It had every element a great concert should have: great music, great friends and not a minute that sucked at all. Jojo used to work with justjessica1, and a lot of his old co-workers were there, which was nice to see them as well. Too bad Jess couldn't actually make it...she had to work, so I took her boys as a Christmas present.

And I can't get over how great they sounded! They played an indoor skate park called Xtreme Wheels...a neat concept: skaters, bikers and rock dudes and chicks all under the same roof. I've seen bands play there before, and I always thought their sound system sucked, but today it was pretty sweet. I was impressed.

Jojo's probably one of the three best drummers I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of bands in my day...here's him drumming along to Blink 182: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXaOmZBuMTU

I wish I could show you his clip where he's drumming along to "I'm On A Boat" by The Lonely Island...but I heard a rumor that included something about a "cease-and desist". *Frown*

I wish them all well, and good luck with all of their future endeavors. If they continue to stay in the music scene, they'll all have a great resume based off of their recorded material. You might want to check them out on iTunes...totally worth it. *Bigsmile*

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

I had to share this and keep in a semi-metal mood for tonight, but with some very familiar characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AC3sZB-v7Q

VITAL STATS:

*Stockingv* Random Letterset video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z8qG4Inizk

*Stockingv* Yup, Im definitely sick. Felt it starting Thursday, and then woke up with the sore throat and cough on Friday. And even though I got to sleep in a little today, that didn't help. It was still a struggle at work today, at least until the Dayquil kicked in. I took a nap when I got home and almost didn't make it to the show, but I trucked it out. Tomorrow may be worse...I never work Sundays (for good reason) but I needed Wednesday off this week so I'm going in tomorrow. Not like I'm gonna miss the Bills game, which isn't on tv again this week.

Ok, I'm gonna tie up some loose ends and try to call it an early night. Peace and love...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4oC8IWToU

Thank you for the shirt, Mrs. LeRoy! And thanks for all the kind words and for stopping by, Mr. LeRoy!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742002-This-ones-about-the-finale