*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743937-This-ones-about-the-last-supper
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#743937 added January 10, 2012 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the last supper.
THE PROMPT: "If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?"

Yikes! Is it me, or have some of the prompts been a little morbid so far? End-times, and now last meals? I hope it's not me... *Rolleyes*

What's up y'all? Here's what makes me feel a little weird about "If you knew...". If you knew it was gonna be your last meal, it's probably because of one or two reasons: 1) you're dying soon; or 2) you're a prisoner facing execution. And if it's me awaiting the fate of #2, make sure it's done right...blindfold me in front of a firing squad and stick a cigarette (preferably a Marlboro Menthol 72 so at least I know what my last smoke would be *Pthb*) in my mouth like they used to do in the cartoons, and countries that aren't as civilized as the United States.

So you're saying I've basically got a chef on hand, willing to prepare anything I want (all fates aside) because I'm never gonna have the need for food again. Chinese food is out, because I'd definitely be hungry again 20 minutes later. Mighty Taco is probably out too, since it's probably tacky to order out for your last meal anyway, and if for some reason I'm not in Buffalo at the time, it'd probably take http://www.mightytaco.com/main.php a couple of days to ship a few frozen burritos over. Pizza's a no-go, because I probably had pizza within the last few days as well.

This might sound funny, but I do have a "favorite meal". I guess if I had to choose, it'd be a full-spread turkey dinner, just like Thanksgiving. All the trimmings: mashed potates, gravy, corn, mashed turnips, cranberry sauce, sausage stuffing...and by "all the trimmings", that's all the picky eater in me eats. What, you were expecting green beans? This is my last meal, not yours! Surround me with all of my favorite people: past, present and fictional...because it's not a meal without them. And then, I bid this world adieu.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

This guy's coming to town soon to do a solo acoustic show, and I've never seen him live (at least I think I haven't). But I really wanna see him with a full band. We'll see, as I've got time to decide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5f4Na2xTgU

Besides, that's probably a more fitting choice than this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFnLzNEtxY&feature=related

VITAL STATS:

*Stop* I swear, every computer I touched today, including this one, has been working a lot slower than normal. And no, smartasses, it's not the user.

*Infobr* What a coincidence that a food prompt comes along right around the same this catalog comes in: http://www.penzeys.com/. Yes, we get a spices catalog. They give away free stuff! C'mon man!

*Shock* That awkward moment that you mention to your boss that there's a tv show called Wife Swap, and she starts freaking out, and you're forced to play it off like you don't know about something you probably shouldn't know... *Blush*

Well, that's it for tonight. Time to try and make myself sleep a little before I turn around and hit the job-place up again on the bright and early side. Hope it's a good night/day for you guys too. Peace and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGmw-2s1qgU&feature=related

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743937-This-ones-about-the-last-supper