*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744331-The-Club
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #1837931
The on-going status of my lego project
#744331 added January 15, 2012 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
The Club
I've settled on a club for the first floor (second if you are American) of the building. It's going to consist of a grand piano, a drum kit, a bar, a pole dancing stage, a cage in a bay window and some tables and chairs, plus maybe a few more details.

As I've already show the cage, here are some shots of the bar area and instruments:

Lego bar, contains grand piano, drums, bar with beer taps & wine rack, pole dancing stage

Lego bar, contains grand piano, drums, bar with beer taps & wine rack, pole dancing stage


Originally I copied a grand piano I found on youtube that was very clever, unfortunatly it was just too big to fit. I then found a smaller version but it was missing aspects like the open top and the pedals (not that you can see the pedals but they are upside down grey hammers - that idea came from the large piano).

Drum kit was pretty much original, quick image search on google for general shape.

I'm pretty impressed with the wine rack, thats a completely original design (as is all of the bar). Slightly awkward to get it all positioned as the program doesn't let you place pieces on top of others if they don't actually connect. So I had to use extra pieces to get the wine bottle in place which I then deleted after.

I'm not sure about the beer taps. In the above image I've gone with ones with advertising tabs on the back. The alternative design is to have a handle on top. It isn't possible to combine both with it being such a small detail. Here are the two designs in close up, both front and back.

Deciding between two types of beer taps for a bar


I've actually ordered the pieces for the drums and piano from a random seller in Spain, through the brick link system. I've also got some parts from an American seller, who I kind of accidently ordered from when I was trying to find out what the postage would be. The brick link system is interesting, there is a shared catalog which all the sellers use so you can search all shops for a piece or you can go into one and see what they are selling. You can also put a watch on items that you need. I'm having difficulty finding a easy wa to see whichs shops ship to the UK as there are only a few that are actually UK based.

http://www.bricklink.com/index.asp
© Copyright 2012 MidnightStalker (UN: midnightstalka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MidnightStalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744331-The-Club