*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745940-JAN-29-----Clue-or-clues-as-to-why-the-dead-inside-room
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#745940 added January 29, 2012 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
JAN 29 --- Clue or clues as to why the dead inside room
Day 29: January 29, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge serial prompt is Clue or clues as to why the dead _____________ is inside that room.


Uncle Harry is back


“Uncle Harry?” Andrea stepped over the body, then took the tray from Mrs. Mason and set it on the dresser. “Why don’t you sit down on the bed and I’ll call the police.”

“The phone is in the living room.”

“I’ll use my phone, Mrs. Mason,” Andrea removed a black cell phone from her slacks pocket.

“Please call Arthur first,” Mrs. Mason glared at the body on the floor. “He doesn’t like anyone calling the police before checking with him first. He says they get extremely upset over false alarms.”

“This isn’t a false alarm, Mrs. Mason, Uncle Harry is obviously dead.”

“That’s what we thought last week, Andrea, which is why we bought new furniture and rented this room to you.” She got up and walked to the body. “But as you can see he’s back.” Then she turned to Andrea. “Are you sure he’s dead?”

“He isn’t moving, Mrs. Mason, so I presume he’s dead.”

“Could you check the pulse just to make sure before you call the police?”

“Of course, Mrs. Mason,” she knelt by the body and placed her right hand on the left wrist of Uncle Harry. “No pulse.”

“In that case, I think you can call the police without making Arthur angry.”

What have I gotten myself into, thought Andrea as she dialed 911.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer




© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745940-JAN-29-----Clue-or-clues-as-to-why-the-dead-inside-room