*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745833-JAN-28-----Inside-the-rental-character-discovers-a-dead
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#745833 added January 28, 2012 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
JAN 28 --- Inside the rental, character discovers a dead
Day 28: January 28, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge serial prompt is Inside the rental, character discovers a dead _______________.


The body in the closet


Andrea walked into the room and placed her suitcase on the bed. The furnishings were a hodgepodge of mismatched pieces, as if hastily purchased at several different yard sales or second hands stores. The walls and sliding closet doors, which were on the east side of the room, were painted pale lavender. While the floor appeared to be stone tiles. The curtains, which cover the windows in the north wall, were lacy lavender and pale pink.

“Beautiful curtains,” Andrea turn to Mrs. Mason, who was staring at the bed. “Is something wrong?”

“Uh, no, Miss....”

“Please, Mrs. Mason, call me Andrea.”

“All right...” she pulled her eyes from the bed and looked at Andrea. “Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?”

“Coffee please,” Andrea frowned as Mrs. Mason slammed the door.

Odd woman, Andrea thought as she opened her suitcase and began to remove her clothes. I wonder if there are hangers in the closet. Standing to the left of the door, she pulled the closet door open and screamed as the body of a gray haired emaciated man feel face down at her feet.

“Did you see a mouse,” called Mrs. Mason from the other side of the bedroom door.

Andrea could not take her eyes off the body. As she stood their trembling, she heard the handle of the bedroom door turn and the hinges squeak.

“Oh,” said Mrs. Mason who was carrying a silver tray containing a silver coffee and tea set. “You found Uncle Harry.”

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745833-JAN-28-----Inside-the-rental-character-discovers-a-dead