*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746159-This-ones-aboutanother-one
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#746159 added February 1, 2012 at 10:32pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about...another one?
THE PROMPT: "Define blogging."

Good evening everyone! Whew...just when I thought I was done with the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, they wasted no time in starting up another one. Eh, it keeps me off the streets...for a little while at least. Hopefully, this one won't end up being as depressing as the last challenge ended. I don't consider the "serial" format to be my strongest category.

I've written about the subject in the prompt a few times here and there I'm sure. And I've probably given a different answer each time *Laugh*. Do I think I've been asked to define it? Do I qualify to make definitions, or am I just relating my opinion of its definition? Ok, all right already, I'll stop stalling...

It's an online journal of thoughts, basically. It can be about anything, or nothing at all. Or, in my case, you type words and keep the ones that stick. Sports, movies, music, your family...any topic of relevance can be blogged about (with varying degrees of relevancy).

For me, it's a way to tell a funny soliloquy from my day, share a little music, talk about whatever's on my mind, and, usually, all of the above. It's a free-form way of sharing information, thoughts, feelings and observations. Plain and simple. No need for me to smother it with the awesomesauce.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

They've finally updated the playlist at work, and, well, it still sucks, so I'm not gonna play anything from that. I suppose with it being February, I could try to do a month's worth of love songs like I did in December with Christmas music...but that would get boring quick. I'm gonna go with this because their new album is coming out soon, it's a lot better than most of the stuff they've released in the last 10 years, they're coming to town soon (not that I can remember how many times I've seen them, but hey, ya never know), and a buddy of mine posted it on Facebook the other day. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfwPGZxIXz4&ob=av2e

VITAL STATS:

*Smartphone* I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's open prompt. I have a story from the other day I can't wait to share...*Laugh* but i couldn't during the serial prompt portion of January's challenge.

*Thumbsup* In a fried chicken challenge, Banquet Fried Chicken from the supermarket beats KFC, hands down. I hadn't had Banquet in years, and it was tasty. KFC I might eat once a year, if that. And every damn tiime I eat KFC, I'm reminded why it's been so long since I last had it. *Rolleyes*

{e:Another month without a hockey emoticon?? Really??} Sabres played a pretty good 65 minutes of hockey against a Rangers team near the top of the standings, but lost in the shootout to the Rangers. It was the first game in the NHL all season that ended in regulation tied at zero, according to the lame ass Versus NBCSN postgame host.

*Infob* Just a teaser for tomorrow...I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'm officially in love with Angry Birds.

Alrightey people, I've got about 20 emails to get through from the end of the January challenge...dunno when they'll announce the winners, and I'm not gonna speculate where I stand. I don't think I'm the winner, and I'm not really about winning it anyway. Although, it'd be nice to defend my title. But we'll see. We'll do it all again tomorrow! Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyyKh6Bmzbw&feature=related

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746159-This-ones-aboutanother-one