*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746332-This-ones-about-Pooh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#746332 added February 3, 2012 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about Pooh.
THE PROMPT: "What is your favorite inspirational quote and why do you like this quote?"

Well hello there, kind readers. Today's prompt could go many ways, but I'll share something I've had written and posted on a corkboard for many, many years.

“One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.” -A.A. Milne

I was 22 or 23 at the time when I saw this quote and fell in love with it. Inspirational? Maybe, but unlikely to most. But to me, it was an adventure. Maybe an adventure of adventure-seeking, if nothing else.

For the first time, I was truly on my own and left to my own devices. My tiny little apartment had cable, and that was it. I didn't have a computer. I had an old-school typewriter. I banged out some pretty good stuff on it too! I wish I still had it, actually.

Anyway, I don't consider myself to be a disorganized person. I like to stay on top of where and when I have to be somewhere, and I prefer being punctual (although sometimes circumstances happen). I generally know where almost anything of mine is when I need it (and one exception seems to be clothes for work). I'm pretty good. I'm fairly neat with most of my things. I prefer to have as little clutter as possible.

But sometimes, the garbage can gets a little too full. The folded laundry doesn't get put away. Empty beer cans tend to block the way to the real recyclables. CD's don't make it back into their homes. Everyday things can be cast aside, and why? Because you're making something amazing happen somewhere else in your life! Pure beauty can pull itself from utter chaos.

Have you never misplaced something, only to find it under a stack of papers? Maybe left a 20-spot in your jeans, and it survived the spin cycle in the washer? Gone through that basket of folded laundry to find the one t-shirt you desperately wanted to wear? Threw out a reciept for an item you purchased, but come to find you need to return it? That's the power of disorganization for you. Well, at least for me it is. *Wink*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

"I'm just a gravel-trail type of man" might be a good way to describe me. This song reeks of disorganization. Most of you have never heard it and probably won't like it. You might think that there are better songs I could've chosen, but what better way is there to find yourself than to lose yourself first? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAFD5rMd6rk Trust me, you'll be repeating the moral at the end of the song, if you make it that far.

VITAL STATS:

*Home* Our house was built in the late '50's, maybe the early '60's. The original couple that bought the house lived in it all the way up until a few years ago. It was purchased then by a local businessman so he could rent it out. Long story short, that's how we fell into it. It's a nice brick ranch, and it's barely been removed from its origins. The kitchen counter and cabinets are original. The dining room/living room rug has gotta be original...if not replaced once. The kitchen floor is original. The bathroom tiles on the wall, as well as the sink and its fixtures, are original. Well, until now. The ceramic handle on the bathroom sink's hot water knob cracked, and took the screw with it last night. No hot water from the bathroom sink for now. That sucks. The 15 seconds it took to run to the downstairs bathroom from upstairs, then brush my teeth, then run the 15 seconds back upstairs and put my toothbrush away...made me one minute late for work. Ugh. Better than the ten minutes I might be tomorrow though...unless I text the other management member on duty at 7:50am and pull my "I'm gonna work 10-6 today instead of 8-4" shenanigans. But I probably won't do that.

*hockeyemoticontestrun* Via Brother Nature : *Bullet**Check*. I like it. Julie D - PUBLISHED! is down with it. Now, WDC, I implore you to make something official!! While you read Brother Nature , we'll do a case campaign. Emoticons are cool, and they work, but it's gotta fit on the WDC portfolio case. Well job anyways, Joel! *Thumbsup*

*Delight* If you don't know who A.A. Milne is, congratulations! You had an even worse childhood than I did! *Pthb*

That's it from me for tonight, good people. Get your friday on! I'm gonna get a shower on and relax a little before getting up in the morning for a fun little dance I like to call "work in the morning". Alright y'all...peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hksn2OIx1O0

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746332-This-ones-about-Pooh