*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746380-This-ones-about-the-breakfast-of-champions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#746380 added February 4, 2012 at 7:45pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the breakfast of champions!
THE PROMPT: "Write your own inspirational quote which promotes health and fitness. Then sell it to the masses, tell why everyone should live by your words."

*Laugh* Well, a good evening to all of you! I have one simple response to this prompt, and then one complicated one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVq_VS7M-l4&feature=related

The hurtful truth is, it works. And here's where it gets complicated.

I was an athlete of sorts back in the day. I worked out often, and was a stunning 135 pounds. Ripped, and cut, and all of those other adjectives associated with nice-looking people. I was also a nerd, who couldn't buy the time of day from a lot of people. Looks win. Results on the wrestling mat? Not so much. As good as I was, I was also very geeky looking.

Fast-forward to life ahead. This happens, and that happens, and shortly after that, life became something I could have a few beers to. I ballooned. I was near 150 lbs, and your workouts aren't helped by Gatorade spiked with vodka.

At one point in my life, I got myself down to 128 lbs. Stress of a job can do that to ya. So can eating one (crappy) meal a day and having enough beer to comfortably put you to sleep at night...especially if the woman you dated was a psycho.

That's also enough to drive you to the looney bin behavioral health unit. Your whole head spinning from the experience of dating a crazy broad, your boss giving you shit on a daily basis, your family is in turmoil...I literally drove myself to a hospital for help. The breakfast beers weren't doing the job, and the late nights out weren't helping either. That whole experience...crazy doesn't begin to define it.

Nowadays, I'm back up to 160 lbs. I don't work out, and I blame justjessica1 and her fantastic cooking for that. I look healthy, instead of looking sick (as some people have claimed). And I still can enjoy some beverages from time to time. But that's not the weight-loss prevention kit that it used to be.

This feels like I didn't satisfy the prompt, but it did share a need. I think there's still leftovers in the fridge. I haven't eaten all day.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

My boy Adam and I are meeting up to see this band. They were voted as one of the best Buffalo bands in 2011. I'm just excited to get out of the house for a night. Jess is meeting us there, at the best place in the city to see a show, http://themohawkplace.com/. Love it if you're a fan of Wilco... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiMIgANFqkE&feature=related

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet**Check* There's a hockey game on!!

*Sick* I called in sick at work today. Daisy and Phil both told me I sounded like crap. I felt like crap, but got better with some sleep as the day went on. Congestion works wonders for your soul when your ears are plugged and can't hear anything when you're trying to go back to sleep. The problem lies in that once you've put in the effort to call in sick at work, you're too awake to get back to sleep. Sucks.

Eh, I'm getting outta here. Too many decisions to make, and not enough time. Naptime didn't happen today, and neither did shower time. I need to eat something and do what I want to do. Peace and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHYzp7TcZQ&feature=related

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746380-This-ones-about-the-breakfast-of-champions