*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746805-This-ones-about-the-boy-and-the-girl
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#746805 added February 10, 2012 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the boy and the girl.
THE PROMPT: "Boy meets girl. Chance encounter/ provide geographic setting."

Well, here we are. The serial prompt portion of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. I'll knock this out quick and then it's on to real things...like actual blogging. From what I've been thinking, this should be fairly easy. *Wink*

Well, I'm ready. I think.

I've got my keys, my phone, my money, and my swagger. It's been going on for too long now...something's gotta give, and I'm not giving up. Yet, at least. I'm in too far now to give up. Yeah, let's go and do this.

I slashed legs down Penora Street, cut down that street I could never remember the name of off Gould Avenue, hit Terrace Boulevard, cut down the other angled street I could never remember, and made it to Broadway. I made sure the iPod had somethin' nice on the whole time.

I crossed Broadway before the intersection...a risky move on a busy street on a day that was all about taking chances anyway. But as I walked through the Walgreens parking lot, I forgot what I was going to say to her. I was too caught up in the moments before the moment to even let a moment worth remembering happen. I had already thought ahead and let the positive scenario win out in my mind, time after ridiculous times after they didn't. And yet, there I am again.

Grabbed my newspaper and my Mountain Dew, hoping I'd have a positive message for the readers of my blog, finally. I made my way to her counter. Just another day of small talk done wrong on my behalf, or so I thought. It'd been almost the same thing every day for almost six months at least now, but every nowhere with her was always feeling like somewhere. Something bigger or better. And even if I wasn't getting anywhere with mere conversation between the counterhelp and the regular customer I'd become, that feeling a farmer gets when he plants his seeds was the same thing I was feeling. The crops don't grow overnight, and I'd been waiting and watering them for a long time.

And this went from necessity to cold calculation. From the first snowy night that I walked my ass over to that store and she remembered me by putting my purchases together, I knew it. I knew there was something about her. Something valid and tangible. And that's what drove me to keep coming back. Maybe it was how she made me feel welcome. Maybe it was how she could let the guard down and make me feel like I wasn't just the "regular customer", or how she could fuck around with me like we were friends going way back. I don't know...but I knew I'd pass at least six different places I could buy a newspaper on the way to buy one from her, and at least a few I could get a Mountain Dew at as well. And to top it all off, the Walgreens was in the opposite direction of the library I would be headed in, to report my daily interactions with the "Cute Walgreens Chick". And I let her know, a time or two, that I could be going many other places when she'd start to bust my balls for being unemployed, or anything else she could jab into me. Like not asking her out.

But anyway, getting back to today, like I said, the conversation wasn't conducive regarding my intentions. If I don't take no for an answer, it's because I don't ask the right questions in the first place. I left in a slightly heated mess, because all of my intentions were again wasted when she asked me what I'd do without her if she was transferred to another store, because she was up for a promotion. I shouldn't have to tell you I didn't make it to the library. While it was a gorgeous day, I went back home to 542 to just re-reflect, I suppose. I had some of the Penora Crew boys over, and we were bullshittin' around as usual. I wrote my blog on my phone really quick, and we were deciding if we wanted to play Kan Jam or throw the football around. Funny how lazy the gorgeous days are.

We had exchanged numbers around the Fourth Of July, but never really took advantage of them. I knew she was seeing someone at one point in the spring, and that had some sort of bearing on our interactions. Needless to say, I was unprepared for the texting that was taking place.

She had taken her youngest son to the hospital because he'd had some adventurous boy kind of injury, so she was texting me to pass the time. When he decided he would rather go to his dad's for the weekend, that's when I got the breakthrough text.

"I'm starving...wanna meet up for dinner and drinks?"

We agreed on Macgruders, an Irish pub by my place. We ate. We danced. We kissed. All of Blogville rejoiced.


MUSICAL BREAK!!

Neither of us can come to a consensus, but I believe this is one of the first songs we danced to. The fact that she had one of their cd's in her car was enough for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTAud5O7Qqk&ob=av2e

VITAL STATS:

*Cart* Three straight days of good times, bad innuendos and me getting work done? Who'da thunk I'd be lovin' my job in February?

*Down* It's going to be the coldest night of the entire winter, at 8 degrees. I do not like this. At. All.

*Pencil* Prompts during a bloggling challenge? Fun, different and exciting. Serial prompts? They suck the joy out of blogging because that's not blogging. If I wanted to write a damn story, I would. Entirely separate from my blog, which is supposed to be about me and my feelings and thoughts and days and whatever the hell else I want to put into it, and said story would be in an altogether different place in my port. Not some crappy story taking up space in my blog...which, by the way, isn't a crappy story this time around. And I'm on the verge of a full-scale rant, so I'm gonna step back and relax for a second.

*Home* Can I just take over the whole basement? Please? Pleeeeease??

Well, I'm gonna get out of here and try to listen to the rest of the Sabres' game, and then do some catching up. We'll see what happens. 'Til tomorrow...stay warm. Mad love for all y'all. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijk4j-r7qPA&feature=endscreen&NR=1

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746805-This-ones-about-the-boy-and-the-girl