*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746870-Boy-Red-meets-girl-Lydia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#746870 added February 11, 2012 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
Boy (Red) meets girl (Lydia)
February 10, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is Boy meets girl, provide geographical setting


Lydia sit on the faded green wooden boat dock holding her red tennis shoes in her lap, with her feet dangling in the cold water. She stared at the center of the lake, watching the watching the rowboat as it floated toward the opposite shore. The couple in the boat, locked in a passionate embrace, did not notice that they were floating farther and farther from the only dock on the lake.

“Beautiful scene isn’t it, Lydia?” Said a red headed freckled man as he sit down beside her.

“Yes,” she frowned trying to remember his name. “Mr. uh... I don’t seem to remember your name.”

“That’s because we’ve never met.” He smiled and then offered his right hand. “I’m Ellis Johnson, but most people call me Red.”

“Nice to meet you,” she shook his hand, but continued to frown, “Mr. Johnson. How’d you know my name?”

“My brother-in-law, Jeffry Morgan, pointed you out to me earlier today.”

“So you sister is Corrine?”

“No, my sister’s name is Anna.” He glanced at the boat still floating toward the opposite shore. “I gather that’s Corrine he has in the boat with him.”

“Yes, but I thought Corrine was his wife.”

“She may be one of his wives. My investigation indicates he has at least three wives, not including my sister.” He rolled up his pant legs, pulled off his shoes and socks, and then let his feet dangle in the water. “Is Corrine a friend of yours?”

“No, she owns the Fisherman’s Hut where I wait tables.”

“That’s the best restaurant in Blue Lake, isn’t it?”

“And the worst,” Lydia pulled her feet out of the water and began to put her shoes on. “It’s the only restaurant in this one boat town.”

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746870-Boy-Red-meets-girl-Lydia