*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747045-This-ones-about-the-slavation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#747045 added February 13, 2012 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the slavation.
No fanciness in here tonight, folks. My internet's down and I'm typing this up on my girlfriend's phone.

So today's prompt I believe was about love's slavation? Ummm, interesting. Many words and examples come to mind. Devotion is one. Dedication. A sense of entrapment? Maybe for some. Depends on how you look at it I guess.

Are we slaves to the feelings caused by and about our significant others? Do we live a life together in such a way that we could duplicate it if we were apart? Is it a case of certain things/options only being available solely to one person and only one? This is how I view love's slavation...that these are things that bind us together, while willfully submitting ourselves to.

You probably don't need me to tell you that love also requires a great deal of compromise. That's a known fact...but also a contributing factor in slavation. You lose out on something to gain something else.

Jess and I are examples of all of the above. We gave up separate apartments to live in a house together. In turn, I gave up a lot of personal space to her boys, but now they do the laundry for one more person. However, that one extra person is another option for when they need a ride, or to put food on the table, or gain a new perspective from. It's all a big circle.

So, slavation in love isn't always a terrible thing. And that's it for the prompt-satisfying portion of the entry.

And if you don't mind, I'm gonna give Jess her phone back so I can call Time Warner to see what's up with our internet. Happy Valentine's Day to you all tomorrow...hopefully I'll get to your comments and emails before then.

Man, I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to blog from a phone!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747045-This-ones-about-the-slavation