*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747147-Thoughts-on-Valentines-Day-love-and-God
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#747147 added February 15, 2012 at 3:56pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on Valentine’s Day, love and God
February 15, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Tell us how your Valentine's Day was! And if it was really awful and you don't want to talk about, reminisce over a favorite moment from a Valentine's Day you really enjoyed."


Valentine’s Day is
for love or remembering
a special person.

On Valentine’s Day
I remember past heartbreaks
or past happiness

The flowers of love
are not material blooms
but spiritual buds

These are just some thoughts about Valentines’ Day and love. On Valentines’ Day, we give chocolate, diamonds, and roses to a significant other, husband, wife, or partner. However, we often forget that love is a dual emotion. I has components that are physical and spiritual. The problem with this is that when we focus on the physical part of love we forget the spiritual. This is not a good thing.

The physical component of love last only as long as the body and soul remain connected on the material plan. The spiritual component is the part the carries the soul into the next world, into the afterlife, when the body dies and begins to decompose and the spiritual component of this dual emotion that helps the spirit or soul live in the next world. This is something I have begun recently to understand.

After 65 years of struggling with love and the meaning of love, of looking for love, and wondering why I never meant my true love or my soul mate. I have concluded that true love like perfection is something that a person works toward and not something, that happens without struggle or work. I have also realized that I have looked for “love in all the wrong places”.

The foundation of love is not a physical relationship. Love, since it has a spiritual component, the foundation is on a spiritual relationship. I cannot find love in the material world unless I already have it in my life in my relationship with God the creator.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747147-Thoughts-on-Valentines-Day-love-and-God