*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747198-Getting-along-with-Annoying-Relatives
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#747198 added February 16, 2012 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
Getting along with Annoying Relatives
February 16, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is If you were to kill your Mother-in-Law (or some other annoying relative) how would you do it, so that the death would either look like an accident, or that someone else had done the deed, leaving you to inherit the person’s money?” or “What is the best way to gain the In-laws’ acceptance of you, so that you have a good relationship with them? - And that you don’t think about killing them.


All of my relatives have been annoying at one time or another. I expect them to annoy me occasionally because that is what relatives (no matter how much I like them) do. It does not matter whether they are in-laws or blood relatives; they annoy me periodically simply because we are related.

The last relative to annoy me was my brother-in-law. He is very good at this, but I do not think he does it on purpose. The last time he annoyed me was at the end of 2011. He had to stay with Mom and me for a week because he had been in the hospital in Las Vegas and could not get back to Searchlight of a week.

The hospital released him on a Monday night. He left his truck parked in Searchlight, my sister does not have a driver’s license, and the bus between Searchlight and Las Vegas runs only once or twice a week. That particular week it made only one round trip from Searchlight to Las Vegas, which was the Monday he got out of the hospital.

Now how did he annoy me? He attempted to untangle the cord to my landline telephone. He broke the cord while attempting to untangle it, which required I get either a new phone or a new cord. I finally did get a new cord for the phone and now, when I think of the incident, I find it amusing. In addition, to breaking the phone cord, he did put in several light bulbs and cleaned my garbage disposal.

That is my brother-in-law. He is annoying and helpful at the same time. Since this is how he is, I have to forgive his little annoying and upsetting habits. Besides, he is never around long enough to make me crazy.

I think the way to get along with annoying relatives is to give them the benefit of the doubt. In most cases, they do not realize they are annoying. They are doing what comes naturally to them and they do not understand how annoying they are. Another way to get along with them is to give them chocolate and/or coffee because both of these items are peacemakers.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747198-Getting-along-with-Annoying-Relatives