*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747457-This-ones-about-the-shadows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#747457 added February 19, 2012 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the shadows.
THE PROMPT: "In the shadow of my mind where I weigh somethings so fine."

Happy Sunday everyone...it's also Hockey Day in America *Delight*! Let's see what I can do with this interesting prompt, shall we?

In the shadows of my mind where I weigh some things so fine,
the real beauty lurks in the details, not design.
The total volume of work is only as impressive
as what is inside its suggestions.
The way we can have it all and still have nothing
only means we're still missing something
and I am only as smart as I imagine
if I do nothing to shed light on my companions
who help bring me along my way.
May your light bring the sun to my day.
In the shadows of my mind where I weigh some things so fine,
it's not what we lose as much as what we find.


There you go. Again, not my best work, but whatever. Go figure...I finally get a good prompt to work with, and I throw up all over it. Truth is, I could probably turn out something really good, but it's hard to write while being distracted. I don't watch much tv outside of football and hockey, but Celebrity Apprentice is on, and that is about the only trash on tv I'll subject myself to.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Hmmm...what do we have today? Let's see... yeah, this works. The lyrics are included and I've always liked this song, but I never really paid attention to them. I think it's useful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY But that doesn't mean I'll understand what it means.

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet**Check* Hockey Day In America! And my boys in Blue and Gold showed up in a big way by thumping the Penguins in front of a national tv audience. Good show, boys...if only you were in the hunt for a playoff spot. *Rolleyes*

*Sick* As I was telling justjessica1 that I was throwing up on the prompt while watching tv, she was like, "Well, it's pretty awesome that you can just throw up [and she makes a hand gesture from her mouth to her laptop's screen] and it's right there!". I then realized how long it was taking me to come up with what I eventually came up with, and no, it wasn't "throwing up on the prompt". It was more like dry-heaving and wanting to puke so bad but not being able to just so I could stop feeling awful, as opposed to throwing up and feeling better and having a few more beers. But really, this was a great prompt and I'm going to keep it in mind for awhile to see if I can mine it for anything down the road.

That's really it for today...terribly lazy Sunday otherwise. A matinee hockey game will do that to ya. Hope yours was good...peace, love, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/lazy-sunday

*Cupcakeb*

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747457-This-ones-about-the-shadows