*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747576-This-ones-aboutawww-helllll-nawwww
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#747576 added February 21, 2012 at 8:05pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about...awww helllll nawwww!
THE PROMPT: "Ambrosia, according to Wikipedia, is the food or drink of the gods. In some stories, Ambrosia is the food and Nectar is the drink, while in other stories, Nectar is the food and Ambrosia is the drink; in other stories, the terms are interchangeable. In either case, Ambrosia is the food that the Greek gods either consume or create for various purposes. In addition to mythology, Ambrosia also has a place in cooking as either a fruit salad or a cake using yogurt, fruit, whipped cream, and a store-bought angel food cake. Write a story about it, a recipe for it, or something else about Ambrosia."

Wait, what? Damn people. I'm not up to speed on my knowledge of Greek Gods, and I probably haven't had Ambrosia in dessert form in thirty years. And I'm only 36! So how the hell am I supposed to say anything relevant to this prompt? Arrrrrgh! Again!! People, aren't we all a little smarter than this? Make the damn prompt general enough so we all can participate in a friendly way, so I don't have to rant. Or worse...plagiarize. *Shock*

Shit, it'd be easy to copy and paste this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJGfrKQ7nU and call it a entry. But I can't, and yes, I am above that. And while I have a soft spot in my heart for super-cheesy eighties soft rock, this song lies slightly to the underside of that.

Sorry...had to live up to my status as a complaining male.

So, Ambrosia, as I remember it? A bunch of fruits that may or may not belong together, in a "salad" held together by tapioca and marshmallows, and topped with whipped cream. Hmmm...seems vaguely familiar to something else I know. And equally gross. No wonder the eighties were so unpleasant. One of my first memories in the eighties was learning how to play baseball at a family party that served, among other salads and burgers and hotdogs, Ambrosia.

Now, imagine if my upcoming prompt was about Pistachio Pudding, and how wonderful it is. But you have an allergy to nuts. Are you gonna wanna share the story about how when you were five, and had Pistachio Pudding for the first time, and got rushed to the hospital because you were swolen near death? I don't think so...and there's hardly a cheesy eighties song that can go along with that. *Smirk*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

You want cheesy eighties music? YOU GET IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdZEumNRmI&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7MwgByxPs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIbyDbmsyg&ob=av2n

You might have to turn the volume up on your device of choice for viewing these clips...and remember, they were probably uploaded to YouTube from old VHS tapes, so that's as good as it gets.

VITAL STATS:

*Cart* So, a customer gave me a $3 tip at work today for putting together her personal shopping cart. You know, those carts that bag ladies haul their lives' worth around in? That are, ummm, filled with bags? Well, this woman was not one of those women. She just must not have had the extra 15 seconds it took to complete the "easy, 15 second installation"; ie, snapping the two wheels into the posts until the click. Lemme bust out a calculator...if I got paid three dollars for 15 seconds of work, I'd net a salary of $720/hr. Assuming I'd work 40 hrs./wk., we're talking $28,800 (or more than I make in a year currently). Play that out over a year, and it's $1,497,600. Hell, it's good work if you can get it. *Laugh*

*Bullet**Check* Sabres game...up 1-0 after one. Still an outside shot at the playoffs. Not looking good though.

And I'm gonna head on out of here for a bite to eat and try to enjoy the game. It's not often I have a Tuesday night off...and that's a big night for hockey, I guess. For me, it is...it seems I always miss games played on Tuesdays. Not tonight *Delight*. Of course, my tune could change if they blow this one. As for the rest of you, well, make the best of it. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/wonderfulpistachios#p/c/AB77EBB3005EAA31/4/zTttQ98Jn...

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747576-This-ones-aboutawww-helllll-nawwww