*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747905-Picnic-in-Founders-Park
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#747905 added February 27, 2012 at 1:26am
Restrictions: None
Picnic in Founders Park
February 26, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is OUTCOME of No.1 & No. 2. See entries 751 & 752


I sat at a picnic table in Founders Park; the population of Mars Station was celebrating First Landing. Harvey McClain and Gregor Alarcon were at the barbeque in the center of the park cooking some type of meat. While Beebe and Alma, stood at a table a few feet from the barbeque filling plates with food and then handing them to people standing in line. About every five minutes, either Gregor or Harvey would take a plate pill high with whatever meat they were cooking and set it on the table next to one of the women.

The scent of cooking meat and lavender filled the park, but there was no other aroma. Another odd thing about this celebration was the lack of children. The only one’s attending this picnic was adults. In fact, I had not seen any children since coming to Mars Station and I knew that Gregor and Alma had at least one child.

“You look hungry,” said Alma as she place a plate full of food in front of me, “why don’t you eat something.”

“Thank you,” I picked up what looked like a chicken leg and took a bite. It did not taste like chicken; in fact, it tasted more like creamed peas. I nibbled at each item on the plate and none of them tasted like the food they appeared to be.

I suppose I should have tossed everything on the plate, but the more I ate the hungrier I became. When I finished everything on the plate, Beebe brought a selection of deserts to my table.

“Eat as much of it as you want,” she smiled, “there is more then enough to feed everyone here.”

“Thank you,” I began eating, “Beebe, I curious as to why there are no children here.”

“Oh... uh... their in school right now,” she left and whispered something to Alma.

After I finished the desert, I must have fell asleep or passed out, because this morning I woke up in the Alarcon guest room.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747905-Picnic-in-Founders-Park