*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747941-Life-on-Mars
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#747941 added February 27, 2012 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Life on Mars
February 27, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is RESOLVE all of the above ... CONCLUSION see entries 751, 752, & 754


“Good afternoon, Jessie,” Alma said as she entered my room, without knocking. “How are you feeling this afternoon? Do you have a headache or indigestion?”

“A little heartburn, Alma, but otherwise I feel fine. What was in that food yesterday?”

“Jessie, you’ve been unconscious for three day.” She smiled sheepishly as she helped me out of bed. “I must apologize to you, but we had to find out if you were a spy.”

“Spy, Alma, I work for the INB. They don’t tolerate spies, in fact, they usually terminate them. No matter whom they are spying for.”

“We know their reputation,” she let me to a small table by the window, “but we still had to make sure you weren’t working for the Earth government.”

“All right,” my brow wrinkled, “Alma, what does that have to do with the way the food affected me?”

“The food you ate was native to Mars, it takes while for non-natives to get used to it. We’ve found that spies are acclimatized to the food before they arrive, so we have to test them to see.”

“Aren’t all the citizen of Mars non-native?”

“Jessie,” she took a deep breath, “some of us are either from Earth or descended from Earth colonist. However, some of us are native Martians or part Martian.”

“Uh ... Oh ...” This conversation was becoming extremely weird.

“Jessie, you rest and in a few days I’ll introduce you to the rest of the citizens of Mars Station.”

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747941-Life-on-Mars