*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748010-Thoughts-on-the-three-Es
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#748010 added February 28, 2012 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on the three E’s
February 28, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is TALK about the THREE Es of Writing & Reading


I know I must have encountered these somewhere in my education. I am sure I bumped into them either in grade school, in junior high (middle school), in high school, or in college, so why did I have to do a little research to find them again. Perhaps there is a problem with my memory unit. Perhaps the filling system in my brain is as creative as the one in my office. In any case, I am writing a disclaimer before I go on with this entry.

DISCLAIMER: The following is my personal opinion on the three E’s of writing and reading written from the point of view of a poet and fiction writer.


*Snow1* Educate ~ Give the reader some new information. Reveal to the reader a different worldview. Let the reader leave the story or poem realizing that not all human beings think alike or have the same opinion. Leave the reader with questions that arouse his or her curiosity, questions that encourage the reader to learn more about the world and universe outside of his or her own personal spiritual, physical, and mental surroundings.

*Snow2* Entertain ~ Divert the reader’s attention from his or her troubles and problems for an hour or so. Take the reader out of his or her own sphere of existence and experiences, so that he or she can return to his or her life refreshed, amused, and perhaps just a little bit frightened (depending upon the genre the reader enjoys).

*Snow3* Engage ~ Grab and hold the reader’s attention because once you get his or her attention then you can educate and entertain at the same time.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748010-Thoughts-on-the-three-Es