*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748079-This-ones-about-the-scourge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#748079 added March 1, 2012 at 12:07am
Restrictions: None
This one's about the scourge.
THE PROMPT: Oh, snap, there isn't one. I'd blame it on that pesky "Leap Year" phenomenon, but that's not it.

Good evening folks, and welcome to the extra day you get to live your lives on every four years. Leap Year babies, Happy Birthday! And to the rest of you, well, we don't care if you don't care, and vice/versa.

Friends, I hit my boiling point in the forum for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS last night. Please understand: I had to. It had been building up since the beginning of the month. That outburst last night of mine needed to happen in order for me to let go of the drama. To let go of the last few months. To move forward minus a few pieces of triggers. And I'm quite ok with all of it.

The reason there's no prompt today is because some of us have been blocked by the one sending out the prompts. The final prompt of the month wasn't even a prompt...it was the "final notes, to be read in a blog". That, as I said, some of us have no access to. And I'm quite ok with that too, as it means I don't have to read blathering gibberish anymore.

That said, I'm in no way apologizing for standing up in what I believe in, and I believe it to be true. There were motives, issues and grandstanding going on. These days, any hack can get "published" via the internet. The Blog Challenge minus 30DBC Creator/Founder lacked integrity. In its place was a second-grader judging the fifth-grade spelling bee.

I understand it's a lot of work running all of this: "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. I offered once to moderate the forum's Facebook page. I heard nothing back. I also donated to the cause after I won the September challenge. And I donated well...I never got a thank you, nor the attachments that come along with donating. I hear this has been an issue lately...but hell, it's virtual currency. There's not much I can do with it besides donate, or reward others. I've done that as well.

But this isn't about me. I could care less...like I said, I had to vent in order to restore some balance to myself about this. And coupled with a few other changes, I'm excited to have a few runs at the new trial period in March, and come back better than ever in April. I'm glad and thankful that a few of us involved felt the same way. And sour grapes? Nope, I mash them into wine before they get that way. I knew I had no chance in February once the winners were announced for January. I'm not bitter. Not the least! It actually inspired me along the way. The support I've shared with some friends (old and new) mean more to me than an internet contest screaming for help, leadership and guidance. I have solid faith in what Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST is trying to implement. If it works, we'll joke about this period of time in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. What I fear, and I don't fear it much because I can't see it happening, is that the changes don't take, and this thing dies out. That, my friends, would be a shame. I went from blogging 3-4x a month back to doing it daily. This was a great (and friendly) competition. And it should be.

So hey, let me be a gentleman (like I was last month) and congratulate the winners from February...Prosperous Snow celebrating (congrats on the repeat win!), BIG BAD WOLF is hopping , and the honorable mention, sunnystarr. Congrats! Enjoy the spoils! And I won't take anything away from it by saying anything more about it.

One statement I can appreciate? This one: "I've posted Teff's reasonings behind each of the place getters because she's not here to defend her judging. I've left out her comments about Fivesixer. Lol." Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST , Dude, I don't even want to know. I pretty much don't care. justjessica1 was like, "Don't you really want to know?" Nope. I don't need whatever was said by someone who manipulated things for her benefit to cast judgement on me. I did my work on her during the serials. And I'm done. And she's done (we hope). I look forward to actual writing, with prompts that are fair to everyone.

That said, it's about time for...

MUSICAL BREAK!!

This might say it all... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti6Te-exY4Q

And this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4CLl0zJSE&feature=related

And this too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8wCJ9A0TUg

If that doesn't satisfy the prompt at hand in a blocked view, well, here it is for you to see. You can read our final moments of February, but we can't read yours under the veil of a "vacation". A rough ride it's been for all of us. Hater. *Smirk*

VITAL STATS:

*Cart* Rough day at work, seeing as I know I've been trying to get better at getting in on time. Things happen when you have teenagers around. There's also an adjustment period that needs to happen when life changes happen. But that doesn't exist where I work. What was once a fun environment has turned into me deciding if I even want to stay with this company, or GTFO. And I'm leaning more toward gettin' the eff out...as long as there's a better plan for me. This past month has been a wreck, and can't get better. This can't be what I was paid to do. It changes too much, and I'm not comfortable doing what I do, because it's not enough. The hypocrasy in my position alone is ridiculous, "Count stuff one day to make sure we have it." "Count stuff one day to make sure we don't have it." "Count stuff another day because we have too much or not enough of something, but don't change the counts if it's too much." That fucking aggrivates me. Does any employer not do stupid, ridiculous shit like this, and then hold you accountable for it?

I had more to add, but the hell with it tonight. I need to see what sleep feels like around this life. So with that I bid you GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3RendyCVvE

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748079-This-ones-about-the-scourge