*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748171-Just-some-mishmash
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#748171 added March 2, 2012 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Just some mishmash...
I actually got a story written for the Flash yesterday, but, alas, it did not win...or even an honorable mention. But I'm not going to be discouraged. There were a lot of entries. I read them all and even picked the winner *Smile*.

I started a new book last night by Elizabeth Berg (I love her), A Year of Pleasures. It starts with a road trip where she sees gossiping cows and living photos. Didn't want to put it down, but life continues. I also picked up a copy of The Kite Runner (2nd time around for me) for the "Rising Stars Book Club. Discussion is open, but there is still time to read this wonderful book.And many more good ones are certain to be picked in the future. Everyone is welcome.

Mia has an interesting recipe in her "Invalid Item blog today. Who wouldn't want to try "good for you" chocolate pudding. I emailed her to find out where and what kind of chia to buy...not much luck through Google, locally anyway. Maybe she will post something in tomorrow's blog. I've gotten a lot of good tips from her blog.

Roast beef is in the crock pot for supper and smelling soooo yummy right now. Summer squash casserole (the cheesy kind) and apple-pecan salad for sides. On its second time around, Jim likes shredded roast beef on a burger roll with a little onion and cheese and a squirt of sweet vidalia dressing, wrapped in tin foil and warmed in a 350 oven for ten minutes. Pretty yummy. I must be hungry...all I can write about is food *Frown*.

I'm still succeeding in my daily reviewing, but I hesitate to take on anything where someone might count on me. I'm never sure from one day to the next which way the wind will blow... A couple of things have surfaced that I would really love to tackle, but I hate to be a disappointment if things don't go as planned on the homefront. And I don't want to tempt fate or whatever it is that makes things happen. I think a little more time and improvement is needed, then I can think more about those kinds of things.

The weather is beautiful here today....84 degrees for the high and the same tomorrow. I'm making a list for Home Depot over the weekend *Smile*. Here's to things continuing to look up....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748171-Just-some-mishmash