*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748245-And-this-ones-about-March-3rd
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#748245 added March 3, 2012 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
And this one's about March 3rd.
THE PROMPT: "HOW WAS YOUR DAY? WHAT HAPPENED?"

Good evening fine readers...welcome to another day of my boring life! Again, not a bad day, but not much really happened worth speaking about.

Wind gusts in Buffalo are expected to be up to 70 mph. On the way home from work I saw a fairly large tree, laying in its yard. It had uprooted and taken all of the surrounding sod with it, forming a nearly perfect half-circle shaped wall of grass. It was pretty impressive!

I managed to make it to work on time...good thing, since there wasn't anybody else there I could call in late/sick/dead to. My boss text'd me to ask me how many Shamrocks we sold. The company is selling paper shamrocks for the MDA. Make a difference here: http://www2.mda.org/site/TR?fr_id=1418&pg=entry Apparently my boss has a bet with another store manager over who can sell more shamrocks. Our store was pretty awesome with it last year. The local MDA even came in and took a picture of me pointing at a shamrock to put in their newsletter. I was only covering a break. I may have sold three of the nearly 1,000 we sold last year.

This year? We're terrible. Not close to 100 after 2+ days.

So my boss told me how to track how many we sold. I text'd her shortly after with a picture of a two-pack of flashlights, missing one flashlight. The local trend seems to be shoplifting flashlights. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't get the memo about a potential electrical grid outage, or any type of catastrophe occurring soon that I may need to have lots of flashlights on hand. This "flashlight shoplifting" thing is starting to reach epidemic proportions. But the weird thing is the perpetrators only steal one of the two. I told her that I just pulled the one that wasn't stolen the other day and stuck it in the package with the other one that wasn't stolen today. She said that was smart. So I did well.

So, what else...what else? Eh, got a lot accomplished today at work. In other words, I counted things. Cuz that's what I do. Another day spent first counting what we have, then what we didn't have, and then counting more of what we have a lot of with the purpose of not getting more in. My job is very peculiar that way, and it makes no sense.

At least at the current moment I have the house to myself, and I need it that way. It's been awhile, and I just need a little peace and quiet. That, and maybe a short nap after I finish my dinner/this entry before the Sabres game.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Not to get too Canadian on you again (only one outta three), but since this entry's about work, maybe the songs should be too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9i5Z01kFI&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMAST0hMitw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=559eWB93jW4&ob=av2e

VITAL STATS:

*Confused* You know you're overdue for a haircut when the old ladies "love the crazy wild hair you got goin' on there". And when they say "it's hip", you know you need to be around some different old ladies.

Ugh, I'm so full and tired that I can't even keep up. Naptime for your boy over here. Go Sabres. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydVp-2B8qlw

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748245-And-this-ones-about-March-3rd