*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748292-This-ones-about-the-twin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#748292 added March 4, 2012 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the twin.
THE PROMPT: "DISCUSS SOMEONE ELSE'S BLOG"

Good afternoon, faithful readers. Today we get to talk about, in blog format, someone else's blog. And I'm cool with that today, since I haven't really had much going on lately.

I believe this was one for the prompts a few months back, in one way or another, if I'm not mistaken. The writer whose blog I'm about to write about is no stranger to the WDC community. She's wrapped up many awards not only for her blog, but many of her other works as well. And while she needs no introduction to this space or to many of you, it gives me great pleasure to highlight, in my personal space, the witty, talented, and wonderful Julie D - PUBLISHED! and her blog, "Invalid Item.

Her blog has something in it for pretty much everyone. It tackles topics of all kinds; news from around the world, sports, music, and the day-to-day life of what it's like to be Julie D. It's well-written...it's for the average person to enjoy and it speaks in a language everyone can relate to. I think the key element, the one that ties everything up throughout an entire entry, is her sense of humor and her always sunny disposition. Both shine through in everything she discusses, including the "ABC After-School Special" moments in life that aren't always easy to talk about. That she can relate these details of her life with a sense of maturity and skill speaks volumes about her character as a person.

I can almost sum it up like this: If her blog was a tv show about her life, it'd be a one-hour long dramedy on NBC that mixes a bunch of themes into one relateable episode after another, and every one of them leaves you waiting to see what's gonna happen the next time.

I'm not saying any of this because Julie and I have been friends on WDC for almost her entire journey on the site, or that through each other's blogs we've been able to maintain a good friendship and have seen each other through some of the ups and downs of life. If all I had to go on was simply her volume of work here, I would still say she's one of the best writers out there in the blogosphere, and would recommend her to anyone else looking for a fantastic, down-to-Earth view on the ways of the world. And like myself, she's not only a true champion of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS and a nominee for The Quill Awards for having the Best Blog on WDC, but her blog won the award for Best Blog, besting my honorably-mentioned pieces of internet bloggage. If you needed anymore proof that she's one of the best out there, then there it is.

Congrats on all of your awards, and all that you do for the WDC community, Jules!! *Bigsmile* Not only am I proud to be spending this cold, wintry Sunday afternoon here telling the world how great your blog is, but I'm proud, lucky and thankful to be considered your friend. From one talented writer to another, thank you for all that you've done and for who you are. And don't ever, ever stop.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Julie and I have competed together in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS before. And it was her (among a few others) who encouraged me to get involved with it. I cheered her on and saw what it was like through reading her entries last summer, and then I decided to get on board with it. That alone has been one hell of a ride! Competing along with her has been a great challenge. We're so alike in our writing in a lot of ways...down to damn-near similar entries, or just happening to write, edit and comment at the same time, totally unplanned. Like showing up to the school dance and your friend is wearing the same clothes, and you totally didn't realize it. Our thoughts, opinions and tastes seem to be very similar on most topics, which is why we sometimes refer to each other as "twins". It's uncanny sometimes...you can't predict or make this shit up. So anyway, here's a few songs I'd like to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW5kIhcByac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HClDKS5ywDg

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet**Check* These West Coast games are really throwing me off. Stayed up for two periods of the Sabres game last night and had to DVR Saturday Night Live before calling it quits early. The Sabres blew the doors off Rogers Arena in Vancouver on the way to defeating the best team in the NHL last night, 5-3. Two points out of a playoff spot now. Imagine if this team had been healthy and playing this way all season. Scary good.

*Cart* On my way as soon as justjessica1 gets back from a bridesmaid dress fitting thing to go to Big Lots. Everything is 20% off today. A friend just moved into her first apartment by herself and we're gonna fill in some of the things she needs as a housewarming gift, plus see about whatever crap we don't need but still want. Can't beat 20% off.

*Coffeey* Labbatt has comemorative cans for the Sabres' famed "French Connection" line of the '70's. Decent brew, awesome cans, but can't find the third member, Rene Robert, anywhere. I need the collection!

And that'll do it for now. I'll probably be back around later to check up on everyone. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7aFnMSwBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqoYvlEZis

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748292-This-ones-about-the-twin