*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748458-Overreaction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#748458 added March 6, 2012 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
Overreaction

SITUATION: I, admittedly, picked up my iPhone while driving to change the song that was playing.

REACTION: The woman driving the Honda Element beside me apparently took offense to my 2.5 seconds of distraction and veered sharply across three lanes of traffic (causing cars behind her to slam on their brakes and their tires to screech), approached me on the driver's side and started laying on the horn. When I looked over, she used her elbow to steer while holding her phone in one hand, shaking it at me, and wagging a finger then flipping me off with the other. While traveling at 70mph.

ANALYSIS: Doing the exact same thing that you're scolding someone for, only 10x worse, is not the best way to teach someone a lesson.

SILVER LINING: Her daughter, who was in the passenger seat, looked absolutely mortified as her mother sped off. *Wink*




SoCalScribe
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

Please check out these items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations

© Copyright 2012 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748458-Overreaction