*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756337-Where-Does-The-Time-Go
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#756337 added July 9, 2012 at 2:44am
Restrictions: None
Where Does The Time Go?

I can't believe it's been over three months since I last updated my blog. Or done much else on this site, really. I just got back on Saturday from my brother's wedding in Sacramento, and before that it was a hectic few months at work after the departure of two of the people in our department and no one to replace them yet. It's increased the workload and required a lot of long, stressful hours. And in my writing life, I optioned a screenplay at the end of May, which resulted in the first paycheck I've ever received for my writing. It was a pretty amazing feeling. *Bigsmile*

In other news, my wife and I have had a great summer together. Now that she doesn't have school to worry about (either teaching her students or working on her grad school classes), we've had the chance to really get out and have some fun. We went to the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park and got a chance to feed baby giraffes and rhinos... we went to SeaWorld and went on a behind the scenes tour of the penguin habitat (and actually got to pet a penguin!)... and I took my wife to her very first baseball game when the Giants were in town playing the Angels. As NorCal natives, we're both lifetime Giants fans, but have adopted the nearby Angels as our other favorite team, so either way, it was a great game. (The Giants won, and it was the first game Matt Cain pitched after his perfect game, BTW).

All in all, it's been a busy but exciting summer. Hopefully the worst of the stress and craziness is over so I can come back and spend a bit more time here. I've missed you all. *Smile*

© Copyright 2012 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756337-Where-Does-The-Time-Go