*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748818-This-ones-about-the-limits
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#748818 added March 12, 2012 at 6:21pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the limits.
THE PROMPT: "Write 200 Words on a World-Wide Issue."

Good afternoon, fancy people. After a day of housework semi-completed, I don't feel as though I care much about World-Wide issues. Allow me a moment to research and/or drum up some kind of support for some kind of issue I can get behind.

Hunger was an issue I addressed in a previous run of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. Far be it from me to repeat myself. Can I get another minute here with this? Please and thank you.

OK. It's a rare day when I have no issues. I did some housecleaning. I picked up a few things on the lawn. I was productive on a day off that justjessica1 figured I'd be spending a day getting drunk and watching online porn. The nerve! I even made the friggin' bed...and I rarely do that!

So world-wide issues, yeah? 200 words? Ugh. I can poop out 200 words like reality TV stars look ridiculous. Truth is, I'm not like the Untied States. World issues don't faze me. I could care, but it just seems like all of my concern goes for naught. It feels like no matter how I feel, my concerns are of no avail to the cause. I support gay marriage, but that's controlled by the states. I support medicinal marijuana, but that too is so regulated (as it should be, for the right reasons). This makes me neither gay nor a stoner. I'm just a regular guy getting behind what I believe in. And I believe these things are ok. Whether it's ok or not ok for you, they're ok in my book. And having that opinion doesn't make me any less of a person, so save your hate for something more detestable. Like priests raping altar boys, or "Jersey Shore".

I'm not even going to count words. I believe I surpassed 200. And if I didn't, then I will raise that as a world-wide issue. Limiting me, constraining me, and penalizing me for being over or under, well, that's just dumb. You never know what's going to come out of me in these situations.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I guess this is appropriate, as this can also be seen as an issue and an epidemic. I remember first seeing this, and feeling like, "Holy shit, these guys are back! Old, weathered, and still blistering. I'll take it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y0yZpmKw6s

And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9oiXiMXrqw&feature=related

VITAL STATS:

*Cart* So I awake to a text from G-Stamm this morning, fresh on the scene at work on my day off. He's selling an MDA Shamrock, and a girl is pondering whether or not to put her last name on the shamrock. Her mom's like, "No!", but she's like, "Mom, some weirdo signed one 'Photo Jesus'!". That would be my purchased shamrock, folks. Because there is only one way, and it is the way.

*Bullet**Check* Sabres hockey in less than an hour, against the blown-up Habs of Montreal.I love dinner-and-hockey nights. Chicken breaded in a mix of mustard and crushed up crunchy fried onions. I'm excited for this. *Delight* I shall be slicing my chicken up and dipping it in Weber's horseradish mustard. That, my friends, is a good day, no matter what.

*Frown* Just learned what is being developed on the corner of the intersection two blocks from my house. Speculation was rampant...were they building a new bank? A new gas station? A tiny strip plaza? A Subway? A Mighty Taco? I can't even tell you how excited I would be that they would be building a new Mighty Taco that I could walk to? Well, I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am that it's going to be a (totally unnecessary) Subway, and not a Mighty Taco.

And that's all for today, folks. Let's see what the rest of the week brings. Hope it's all good news. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG35pJHAuDU&feature=related

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748818-This-ones-about-the-limits