*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748889-I-Want-to-Brag-a-Minute-about-my-Mother
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#748889 added March 13, 2012 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
I Want to Brag a Minute about my Mother
March 13, 2012, Tuesday, Day 13 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is I Want to Brag A Minute .


I have contemplated this entry on and off all day. I could choose anyone or anything to brag about, but I decided to brag about my mother. My mother was born on March 19, 1921, on a farm in Oklahoma. The doctor, the only person in town who owned a car, drove to the farm to deliver Mom. My Grandmother had a difficult birth and Mom was the only child my grandparent had because Grandma couldn’t have any more children after Mom was born.

My mother was premature and the doctor told Grandpa that she wouldn’t live. Mom lived! When they took Mom into town a few a week or so later, she weight only three or four pounds.

Mom proved the doctor wrong, she survived, met my father, and she gave birth to four healthy children two girls and two boys. Mom has ten grandchildren and five great grandchildren.

My parents were divorced when I was in grade school because of my father’s drinking. After that Mom took a job in a restaurant and, with the assistance of my grandparents, raised four more or less well adjusted children.

Mom worked hard all her life. Mom sacrificed a great deal for my siblings and me. Mom began writing poetry when she was 79 or 80 years old. Mom worked until she was 83 and then the place closed. After that, she couldn’t get another job. Even though the potential employers didn’t say why, we all know that they wouldn’t hire her because of her age.

One thing Mom always wanted was to live to be 100. She always said, “I want to live to be 100 and still be in good health.” Mom will be 91 on March 19, 2012. Mom has age related macular degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease, and is hard of hearing.

My mother is the most wonderful woman in the world. Mom did the best she could raising four creative and stubborn children. I am my mother’s caregiver and I want to cry. I also want to be able to talk to Mom the way we used to. Because of the Alzheimer’s disease I can’t cry in front of Mom and ... Well you figure out the rest of it.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748889-I-Want-to-Brag-a-Minute-about-my-Mother