*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748828-My-first-haircut
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#748828 added March 12, 2012 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
My first haircut
March 12, 2012 ~ Blog City Blog Challenge prompt is What is your earliest childhood memory?


My earliest memory is sitting in the middle of my Grandma Newland’s feather bed cutting paper dolls from the Sears and Roebucks catalog. This seeming innocent activity led to my first and second haircut. I couldn’t have been more then three or four years old, at least I don’t think I was any older then that at the time.

I was sitting in the center of the bed. The catalog lay in front of me and I had a pair of scissors in my right hand. As I cut the dolls out, I some how got the idea to cut my hair.

I cut my long locks off and then looked at the hair lying on the bed around the catalog. I looked at the hair and realized that my mother would notice the hair on the bed. Never mind the butcher job I had just done to the hair on my head. Maybe I didn’t think Mom would notice that my hair was shorter. In fact, it was shorter on one side of my head then the other.

Anyway, I put all the hair on the bed in a neat little pile and then placed the catalog on top of it. I also didn’t consider the fact that someone, probably my mother or grandmother, would move the catalog and find the hair. I then went into the kitchen.

Mom and Grandma were in that room and they immediately noticed that my hair was shorter and that it looked “creative”. Mom took me to a woman in Blackwell who ran a beauty shop out of her home. The woman did the best she could at making my hair look nice rather then like a mad butcher had cut it.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1800793 by Not Available.


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748828-My-first-haircut