*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748943-The-dangers-and-rules-of-cell-phone-use
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#748943 added March 15, 2012 at 1:20am
Restrictions: None
The dangers and rules of cell phone use
March 15, 2012, Thursday, Day 15 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Are cell phones dangerous?"


If you want my cell phone,
you can pry it out of my cold dead fingers!


Now that I have that nonsense over with, let me get down to my opinion of cell phones and the rules of their proper use. I suppose the first thing I should do is answer the questions.

Are cell phone dangerous? Yes and no. I am not sure I believe all the hype about cell phones causing brain cancer because before you can put the blame of the phones you have to eliminate all the environmental, physical, and possibly spiritual causes for the disease. I do believe that cell phones can be dangerous when improperly used. Therefore, I am going to list my rules for the proper use of cell phones.

*Snow1*When in the car, place the cell phone in a difficult to reach location, so that you have to turn into a parking lot or pull off to the side of the road to use it. Remember, it is not necessary to answer the phone every time it rings; you have voice mail and if the call is important the person on the other end will leave a message.

*Snow2*When dealing with clients, doctors, or anyone else you want to impress or you respect, turn the phone onto vibrate. Remember, you do not have to answer the phone. If it is a text message, it will still be there when you have finished dealing with whomever it is that you are dealing with.

Are we giving our kids access to cell phones/smart phones too early? I do not have children of my own; therefore, I am not qualified to answer this question. I do have nieces and nephews, but I leave this type of decision to their parent. As an aunt, it is my job to spoil the kids, so if someone left this decision up to me, I would probably buy them a cell phone at birth if they wanted one.

Please do not text and drive
especially in Las Vegas
because the first offense is a $50.00 fine
the second offense is a $150.00 fine


FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748943-The-dangers-and-rules-of-cell-phone-use