*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749030-This-ones-about-the-tastiest-sammiches
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#749030 added March 17, 2012 at 6:05pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the tastiest sammiches.
THE PROMPT: "HOW WAS YOUR DAY? WHAT HAPPENED?"

Good evening, friends. Here's the brief rundown of the day, in my classic, old-school bullet point fashion.

*Bullet* I'm not even remotely religious, but there's something about this time of year that screams at me about eating fish on Fridays (and you'll notice I said nothing about not eating meat). I was born and raised Catholic, but I like so many others have rebelled and strayed from the "faith", for reasons that I'm sure will turn up sometime or another. It's just that there's something about this time of year that makes a good old fish fry sound so damn appetizing...and my boy down the street RJ has a tremendous one. I have to also give some props to D'Agostino's, in the plaza where I work, for a crazy good fish sub. It's like a mini-beer battered fish finger on a sub roll, done up any way you like. Good eats.

When people ask me why I'm eating fish on a Friday and if it's because of Lent, I immediately say no. I'm not a practicing Catholic. It's because I have the taste for it. Then I back it up like I did today by having Arby's for lunch.

*Bullet* The fog outside is phenomenal!

*Bullet* My laptop likes to randomly shut down. I may have said this before; I don't remember.

*Bullet* Jess has family back in town. Let the Ill Communication Olympics begin!! Oh, wait, they already did.

*Bullet* I don't use Twitter much, but sometimes I just have to. Take this for instance: http://twitpic.com/8x1l4t. I couldn't resist. Sometimes A lot of times at work I have to count things that don't exist. Sometiimes I have to do it off of a report, and the report lists descriptions of products. Sometimes, the descriptions have to be very abbreviated; in this case, it's makeup. If the pic I linked doesn't translate, it's "C/G BLT FLPSTK SMCH". If I didn't know any better, I'd say CoverGirl came out with a lipstick that tastes like a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sammich on Flap-stackers (which I would consider to be something like a pancake). I told Jess I'd kiss her more if her lips tasted like that. She laughed. I win.

And that was today. Tomorrow will be less of the same, and I can tell you that now.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Just a fun little song to accentuate the mood around here lately... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3D3AKAlci4

VITAL STATS:

Bullet points = all of that. That's what you get when today is boring. Tomorrow doesn't promise much more in the way of excitement, but with family in town that could change. Til one of us knows what's going on, peace out. GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqHysJEej0Y

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749030-This-ones-about-the-tastiest-sammiches