*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749127-This-ones-about-someone-elses-words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#749127 added March 18, 2012 at 9:32pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about someone else's words.
THE PROMPT: "DISCUSS SOMEONE ELSE'S BLOG ENTRY"

Good evening everyone! It's nice to be back after taking a night off from the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS to relax a little...and besides, with this month being "unofficial", I didn't have much to lose. I also really didn't have an exciting day that I could serve the "How Was Your Day?" query much justice, so I just assumed it'd be a safer bet to spend my St. Patrick's Day watching a Sabres game with four of my Guinness buddies. No harm done there, right? *Wink*

I almost took today off from the unofficial portion also, because nothing really stood out to me in the Challenge Forum. I'm sorry, but one-line or a couple of sentences really doesn't allow me enough info to form an opinion on something someone else writes, and by that I mean no disrespect to anyone. I also understand that the entries will probably be a lot more meaningful to the participants in April, and there will be more participants then, which will allow for a better variety of entries to choose from for a prompt like today's. So you'll understand.

I did, however, spend part of my day catching up on some other blogs that haven't been posted in the Challenge Forum, and one in particular stood out to me and may be of some help to the fellow Challenge participants during April. It comes from T30DBC's (see what I did there?) very own Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST , and his entry, "Invalid Entry.

I hope he doesn't mind me discussing this; I assume he won't since it is in his blog. He discusses briefly how the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is going to be judged going forward from the "radical curve" method it's been previously judged upon. I think it's only fair to the entrants to know what the emphasis is and where and how important it will be. I think Michael's on the right track with this whole thing so far, and that he's as open about it as he is (as opposed to the closed-minded, cryptic and logic-defying manners of a previous judge) speaks volumes for his concern regarding the integrity and composure of this once-popular and upstanding citizen of a contest this was. So cheers, Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST ! You're my entry of the week! *Bigsmile*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

In honor of yesterday being St. Patrick's Day, I'll go Irish for tonight's specials. St. Paddy's Day is that big of a deal in the city of Buffalo that they had not one, but two parades this weekend. And for the umpteenth year in a row, I was unable to revel in the festivities. Don't worry; I made up for it in other ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzMSPzll4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXwtHJQ66Rk

VITAL STATS:

*Sun* Two words x2 for you about the last two days to all you haters who think Buffalo is about snow, cold, and chicken wings: Shorts Weather!! In MARCH!! It's been over 70 degrees the last two days, and it's getting better. Those not from around the area that follow me here know that it's not really been a winter at all. I think the reports have stated we've gotten about 35 inches of snow this season...and I can recall a few evenings just in the last few years where that's happen in just one night. Yes, we've been lucky this year, y'all. But not as lucky as you can imagine...this just means I'll be out weeding the gardens and patio that much earlier and more often this year. I'll just never win, will I? *Smirk*

*Thumbsup* Managed to do a little cleaning on my day off, knowing that tomorrow will consist of running errands and either hosting some of Jess' family for dinner or meeting her brother out for pops in the Elmwood area. It is, however, supposed to rain. I'm voting for pops on Elmwood.

Alright, my brain's a waste from all of this fun for an evening. Besides, Celebrity Apprentice is on, and I like watching rich fools fight over money that isn't even theirs try to win more of it. How about this...instead of supporting your charity and getting your name back out there by winning money from Donald Trump, you just dig into your own pocket and show them your money, and actually do things with that charity, rather than make us think you're some kind of publicity hog that hands over fake, oversized cardboard checks to show how awesome you are? You don't need a tv show to get involved. Just do it! But yet I watch, probably because I like to see the emotional breakdowns of rich people failing. They're not crying because they let down 10,000 kids in a 3rd world country...they're crying because this is a last-ditch effort at salvaging their own careers. Don't let them fool you! It's all for show. That said, peace to my boy Adam for being the sweetest dude all day in many different ways, peace to my girl justjessica1 for always being who she is, peace to all y'all for letting me kill a couple minutes of your day, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5K8zlbDrds

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749127-This-ones-about-someone-elses-words