*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749319-This-ones-about-the-way-the-day-moves
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#749319 added March 22, 2012 at 1:36am
Restrictions: None
This one's about the way the day moves.
THE PROMPT: “If you could select one song to best describe what kind of day you are having, what would that song be?”

Good evening everyone. Tried to sneak a few days off in before April, but I figured since Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST was kind enough to NB me in the prompt, I figured it would be considerate of me to have a take. (And while we're at it, can someone tell me what "NB" stands for? Please and thank you.)

I actually started an entry late Monday night (more like Tuesday morning), but I was out running the Elmwood District and couldn't stay awake to complete it. That may change soon, as I may go back and edit it and make it public. But this is what you get for now. Plus, I was running short on ambition, and figured a few days away would be helpful once this "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS goes live in April.

It's typically hard for me to select one song to describe a day. My days often move in many different directions. My thoughts and emotions can be all over the place at any given moment. Add to that the five days a week I'm at work, stuck hearing what feels like the 10 lamest songs out of 12 played over and over for eight hours...and Jess wonders why I don't want to watch tv. It's because I want to hear good music for a change.

If you know me you know I'm a music nerd, junkie, collector and snob. I know what I like, why I like it, and can probably tell you a story about it. My iPod has over 14,000 songs and still has some room to grow. It has a lot of the songs you love, and some only I can appreciate. It's an instant party for the "occasional listener", and a blast when shuffle plays cool shit. It's not for those who are easily offended. But, what else is there for those who are easily offended? Not these beats and riffs, fo' sho'.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

So like I was trying to allude to, it's hard to pick one song to describe the day that I had. I worked, Jess hung with her parents and brother, I had a few things to do otherwise, and then we went to dinner with her parents. We never had a problem going to the spot we chose (hint: it was our "first date" spot). But the service was terrible from a self-proclaimed new waitress, who had very poor table manners, we waited over half an hour for our food in a not-so-crowded restaurant, and there were other issues outside of the food being overcooked and all of us being served in stages rather than all at once. She'd bring out some of our food, but not everyone's, and then chitchat at the table behind ours while waiting for the rest of the food. I somehow couldn't comprehend that (and that's not even mentioning her ignorance when I asked her about a few "specials"...you work here and your job depends on it, so know it).

Really, the only song I could use to define a day in particular would be this song. It fits for today and most days, when you really don't understand things and maybe don't care to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKcdaY-ZxnU

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet**Check* Got to see the Sabres shut out the Habs, 3-0, while eating terrible food with Jess' parents.

*Pencil* I'll reconnect the dots from Monday night soon and make that entry public. I need to serve the word and the evening. It was magical, surreal, and fun for me. But there's more to it than what it means to me. I need to get that out there.

And with that I bid you all a fond GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5pojx6kflw ...that song could qualify too about today. Not that you'll listen to it.

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749319-This-ones-about-the-way-the-day-moves