*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750172-Sjuende-dag
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#750172 added April 4, 2012 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Sjuende dag
ME:

The dust has settled. The night is fresh.

Two days of rain and birdsong will do that. Odd ...there is even a breeze. Even if summer hasn't ended this is a welcome respite. Tourists may love the sun and heat, especially if they have an air-conditioned room at the beach; but, the rest of us suffer at this time of year. The cracks in the thirsty clay have healed. There is hope that the rains will return again soon.

Seven days back.

Went to market and ate a pinto con natilla (like sour cream but much better) and a pinolillo (cocoa-cornmeal drink). Got to the bank to make sure I have enough money till Monday. Managed to get to market. Ronaldo from San Antonio was there; but Sam was not. I sat with Ilena and filled bags of rice. Bought two small pineapples and a malla (mesh) of oranges.

Also bought a white double impatien that I'll pot up tomorrow.

On the way home I got soaked darting from shelter to shelter. Soaked to the bone. Had to change clothes.

Must say I did something but not much.

At least the birds found the banana I put out.
28.581

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750172-Sjuende-dag