*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750240-The-Adventures-of-a-small-town-restaurant-food-server
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#750240 added April 4, 2012 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
The Adventures of a small town restaurant food server
March 4, 2012, Wednesday, Day 4 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Several television stations have ‘reality shows” about businesses, is the business/career you have/had "reality show” worthy. Why or why not? What would be the name of the show? If you don't work choose somebody you know and their business/career."


I’ve held several different and interesting jobs during my life. I work as a housekeeper for a while (I think about one house). I work for a house cleaner service (that didn’t last long either). I work in several different restaurants and coffee shops, which were interesting jobs, but not my idea of a career. The job I enjoyed most was as a teaching assistant in a Community College.

One of the restaurants I worked at probably had the best chance of becoming a reality show. The restaurant was in a small Midwestern town, which had only two restaurants. The one I worked in was on the main street and opened 24/7. I worked the graveyard shift; sometimes the only ones working were the cook and I. I worked as both a food server and a dishwasher. We didn’t use modern dishwashing equipment, in addition, to all that there was only one restroom which both the customers (male and female) and the help used.

Since it was the only restaurant open all night, we got all the interesting (I think that’s a nice word) people. There was the 16-wheeler truck driver who spent most of the night in the restaurant drinking coffee and flirting with the help (only woman worked in the restaurant at night). The truck driver was an intriguing man, but who had fried his brain on “bennies”.

Then there was the hooker who either brought her customers in before or after her services was preformed. We had numerous happy drunks; I don’t remember any belligerent drunks. The reason for this could have been that if you wanted a police officer after 8:00 PM you didn’t call the police department, you called the restaurant.

Then there was the cook, who had job security because no one else would work the graveyard shift in the kitchen. To this day, I regret not sending her a thank you note for getting me fired. Besides the interesting people who worked and came into the restaurant consider some of the things that happened.

One of the most interesting (I’m not sure interesting is the right word here) things that happened in the restroom. The hooker took one of her “customers” in there to... well I’ll leave what they did up to my readers imagination. After all, the rating on this blog is only 18+.

Then there was the drunk who order blue cheese dressing on her salad. We had only two types of salad dressing thousand islands and vinegar and oil. I attempted to explain to her that we didn’t serve blue cheese dressing, but she insisted. Her friend said to give her thousand islands, so that is what she got. She came in the next evening sober and order blue cheese dressing; again, I attempt to explain to her that we didn’t serve blue cheese dressing. She insisted that she had blue cheese dressing on her salad the night before. I just shook my head and gave her both the vinegar and oil and the thousand islands.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750240-The-Adventures-of-a-small-town-restaurant-food-server