*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750604-Two-weeks
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#750604 added April 9, 2012 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
Two weeks...
...and counting.

me-me-me

So today wasn't the best.

Nearly fainted around noon. More than once. Overwhelmed by the heat? the sun? blood-pressure? all three?

I did get to market to eat my pinto (with 2 eggs!) and had two coffees. Walked around a bit, even crossing the river into barrio Santa Cecilia. Need to do more exploring on foot. Exercise is good. But must consider doing it earlier and/or later. Mid-day isn't working for me. On the way back picked up eggs (8 cost me $1.80. In kilos? $3.70/kilo.), 1 liter of milk ($1.00) and a loaf of soft baguette-like bread (about $1.20). About $4 in total.

Saw a car (Jeep-like) with a license plate in the 2 thousands. A very early car here. This area of the country is poorer than the Central Valley and there are few brand-new cars. Still... lots of cars. Traffic today after the 4 day holiday (for some) was nuts.

Managed to get to the Post Office when the line was short. Lucky me! Sent a postcard off for around 63 cents.

NEED TO SEND OUT CARDS TO EVERYONE!

Need to ask whole bunches of friends for their addresses again. Phone numbers too.Skype isn't perfect but it works fairly well for me. Talked to my aunt in North Carolina today. *Smile*

No rain after six days straight. Looked menacing to the east and west though earlier. Water went off and is still off; but, I suspect it'll be on by 7 again. In many ways it was a lovely morning and a nice day.

Last night I tried to take a picture of the moon winking in and out through the mackeral sky. Very lovely, magical.

Twilight approaches. It's short here in the tropics. By now one would be wise to be almost home. In the old days befoe these idiot lights it would've been essential. Unless it was clear with the moon out. *Delight*

28.724

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750604-Two-weeks