*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751904-This-ones-about-part-three
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#751904 added April 29, 2012 at 12:12am
Restrictions: None
This one's about part three.
THE PROMPT: "Describe a life experience so important to you it deserves to be told over multiple entries."

Good evening friends...finally, the conclusion to this month's "Serial Prompts" is upon us. Can't wait to get this over with! Well, without further ado, here's part three of The Second Time This Ever Happened.

So, it's a good time to tell you about the little community I'm finding myself being pulled over in. It's a village; really small parts of two neighboring towns that's situated in both towns. The population is approximately 15,000 (a number I thought was very high actually...but that's what the internet tells me so I'll believe it). They have their own school and local government. And, their own police force. Not that any of this directly has anything to do with the story. Which I'm going back to now.

The officer again verified who the car belonged to and asked me if I knew my license was suspended *Shock*. I told him I had no idea that it was (and really, shouldn't the DMV make you aware of these things?), and he told me of the previous violation I had about a year before (ironically, in the same village and a little further up on the same street). I had totally forgotten to pay the fine on that speeding ticket, so I had a suspended license.

"So what happens now?" I asked the cop. He told me he couldn't let me drive the car, and that it would have to be impounded. "Shit," I thought to myself, "that's not going to be a fun walk home." Little did I know that that wasn't going to be an issue.

The officer reached to his waist and told me to face the car with my hands on it, and then he frisked me. He then told me to place my hands behind my back as he started reading me my rights. Holy shit! This isn't happening! It was too surreal...the cold metal of his handcuffs as they tightened against my wrist were an alarming jolt of alertness to what was all going on. He then, uhhh, "guided" me into the back of his police car. We waited there a few minutes for the tow truck to come and take the car, and we were off to the police station. Even though it was a short ride, it was highly uncomfortable...especially with the realization of being cuffed and stuffed beginning to settle in.

Even though I was once a resident of this community for almost half my life, I'd never really been to the police station. And when I did have to go, it was never in through the back door. That couldn't have been good. Another fun fact of this particular police station? It had a basement. And that's when it occured to me that I wouldn't be signing some papers and walking home.

After getting me processed, they let me make a phone call. I called work and told the manager on duty that now I wasn't going to be able to come in. Sensing he knew I was doing this on purpose, he asked in a little sing-songy voice, "What's wrong?" and I told him I was in jail. He was all like, "What?? Never mind...I really don't want to know." I then explained to the processing officer that I had to let Jess know where I was. He was cool with that and even let me use my cell phone. Bail was set at $200, and the car was at a lot down the street. Jess and Bro Mike rearranged the travel plans a little bit, and they turned around to come get me, but it wouldn't be right away...they were practically at Pop Diesel's already, and they'd have to stop at the ATM 'cuz the po-po only accepts cash money, no checks or credit.

In the meantime, I was ushered off into another room with another cop, where he made me take out my earrings, take off my shoes and take the laces out, and strip down to my underwear. The contents of my pockets were emptied into a bin, and they took my glasses as well. Then they led me to an actual jail cell. Holy shit!! Who knew this village actually had real jail cells? Real bars and all! A little wooden bench to sit on, and a tiny stainless steel sink and toilet. I was equal parts amazed and humiliated.

And I waited for what seemed like an eternity...kinda like when you call a company or business to complain and customer service puts you on hold to reach the appropriate person and you wait for three minutes but you're so angry that it feels like 15? Kinda like that. But they eventually came to get me and drop me off at home so they could get back on their way to the Bandits' game. Luckily, they only missed the first few minutes.

And me, well, all I had to do was pay the previous fine on Monday when the clerk's office was open, and they'd reinstate my license. At my court date, all the charges (speeding and driving with a suspended license) were dismissed. And as for that Saturday night, I had the whole house to myself for a few hours...and I've yet to work a Saturday night still.


MUSICAL BREAK!!

There certainly are worse things than being in a tiny little village jail for about three hours.



VITAL STATS:

*Cut* Yup, totally spent the day with my boy Adam, tearing out the carpet in his living room and leading upstairs. And we had a great time doing it...catching up on our goings-on, telling stories about the past, chatting over mutual friends, grabbing some lunch at http://www.tedsonline.com/, reminiscing over some great music, and, yeah, pulling out carpet. Aside from some sore hands and I'm sure a morning of wonderful forearm and lower back pain, it was a great time. As he said, it didn't even feel like work, but just like two dudes hangin' out and catchin' up. Love spendin' time with that guy...we could go a few weeks or months without seein' each other, and he could text me and say he needs help shovelling shit for six hours, and I'd be there in a heartbeat, no questions asked. He's that type of brother.

*Woman* I arrived home to find a few ladies upstairs, and a full array of appetizers and dips and all sorts of fun goodies for Jess' girlie party. And I'm pretty certain whatever money she might've made on her part of the party she pretty much turned around and spent on her partner's part of the party, and vice/versa. And it's all good. Whatever. She gets a ladies' night, I had my guys' day, and I eat snacky food like it's a meal and chill in the basement. Win-win.

And that's it for the serial portion tonight's entry. Now I've gotta catch up on everyone else. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751904-This-ones-about-part-three