*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751972-This-ones-about-YOUR-week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#751972 added April 29, 2012 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about YOUR week.
THE PROMPT: "It's that time of week to show you've been paying attention. Find something, everyone, throw something in. Find someone else's blog entry from the last week and discuss it in your own blog. Tell us why someone's entry resonated with you."

Yes everybody, it's that time of the week. The time where I copy/paste the prompt down and walk away from my computer for a little while to really think about which blogger's entry this week stood out the most to me...and promptly get distracted by a million other things along the way.

I believe I used to be for this kind of prompt as one of the changes to the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS; now, I'm not so sure. But since I don't have a better idea, I'm probably the wiser to shut my mouth and play along...and I'm ok with that, in this instance.

So there's Cindy's and Bonnie's near-death experiences, which were gripping tales of how short life can seemingly be when faced with a life emergency. And you've got Joel's supernatural thriller, also taken from the "Serial Prompt" section of the challenge. There's Big Bad Wolf's comments in his blog, which seems to say something by not saying much. And Snow's and Sunny's takes are all worth the time to read. Those were some of my favorites...no offense to anyone meant that I may have forgotten. It's just that these ones are the more memorable ones (and if I can remember it, it must've been noteworthy...I'm not goin' back and re-reading them all over, 'cuz if I wanted to do that, I'd judge the damn thing!).

If ya held a gun to my head to pick one, I'd have to go with Joel aka Brother Nature for his serial entries. The dude knows how to spit a tale out onto the screen, that's fo' sho'. Reading him sometimes really does make you feel like you're sitting at the campfire with him...a guitar at his side and one of them harmonica holders with a harmonica in it strapped around his neck (what are those things called anyway? Anyone??) and a cooler full of Molson not far off. The bird that got stuck not once, but twice, in the window was all that I needed to see. Well job, Joel! And congrats to everyone who's made it thus far...only a couple days left!

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I'm guessing it was either the anchorman in this video or Tom Joad himself that was causing all of the supernatural havoc in the basement Joel speaks of.



VITAL STATS:

*Peace* This week twenty years ago was the anniversary of the Los Angeles Riots. No justice, no peace. Know justice, know peace.

*Smartphone* Jess' phone drama continues. She got Best Buy's corporate customer service to replace her phone with a brand new phone, finally. But when she went to pick it up, the guy she was supposed to deal with wasn't there and left no direction for anyone else to help her out. Maybe we should start tracking the gas mileage spent on this situation and get reimbursed for that crap too.

*Cut* The actual fallout from yesterday's carpet removal at my boy Adam's house? Didn't get out of bed 'til almost 1pm. My thighs were on fire. I have a nice blister on the palm-side right middle finger, opposite a knuckle (that's the 2nd-string space bar finger, for those of you scoring at home). My back feels better after moving directly from mattress to massage chair to hot shower. My forearms? Not as sore as I thought they'd be.

*Music2* I bought a vinyl album online last week as part of "National Record Store Day", and it came with a free digital download of the album. And I'll be damned...those things never work for me. It downloaded alright, and I saved it in my iTunes file, but it doesn't show up in my iTunes library. Turns out the stupid thing downloaded as a .zip file, and I'm too uncool with computers to know how to un.zip it. Luckily, I've got a customer service number I can call in the morning for this thing. Why did I have to be so blessed with the love of vinyl records and technology??

That's enough for one night, fine people. Trying to psych myself up for work in the morning...three straight days off and then to go in on a Monday when I'm usually asleep is going to be a kick in the ass for this guy. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751972-This-ones-about-YOUR-week