*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752175-Smiles-and-tears
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#752175 added May 2, 2012 at 6:40pm
Restrictions: None
Smiles and tears.
THE PROMPT: "Invalid Entry

Hey everyone. Yeesh...what an entry to try to follow, ya know? To say anything but offer condolences almost seems disrespectful. My heart and support go out to 30DBC Creator/Founder and his family right now for their tragic loss. And I imagine it's got to be hard for anyone in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS family right now to try and compose a little something about their life when one of our own is dealing with something like our pal Earl's going through.

Death of a loved one always tends to overshadow the things we think of as important...so many things become trivialized, and rightfully so. If anything, it makes us take a step back and see life from a different perspective. It's a mighty, mighty force; it knows no name or race. It doesn't discriminate. It could be you or I at any given time.

I should be shouting from the proverbial rooftops of the internet right now, about how I took first place in April's challenge, and how awesome it was to see that email this morning, and blah blah blah, but I can't do it. Maybe in a few days, maybe a week...who knows?

Earl's prompt entry made me look inside a little...every once in awhile it's good to step back and take a little mental inventory or not only what's going on in your head, but of your surroundings too. And lo and behold, I had that situation presented to me in a big way when I went to my doctor's appointment this afternoon.

I'm still relatively young. All of my facilities are pretty much still functioning. I'm not the healthiest person in the world, nor do I strive to be...and I accept this, mainly because I know I'm the one who can change it (as stubborn as I am). My doctor informed me today that I have high blood pressure. I know, it's not the end of the world and it surely pales in comparison to everything else going on. But it's never a good feeling to hear those words.

He gave me a script for somethin'...I don't remember what. I've never been a big fan of Western medicine, or any medicine for that matter, but what the hell. Luckily I know a couple of trusted pharmacists that I can go to if I have any questions...and I'm sure I will.

But enough about me. Say a prayer for Earl and his family.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I think every adult male should watch the movie Big Fish...and I challenge them not to cry.



VITAL STATS:

*Silent* I've said enough for one day.

Just do me a favor...make sure you tell someone, anyone, tonight, that you love them. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752175-Smiles-and-tears