*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752127-Please-wait-while-youre-redirected
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#752127 added May 2, 2012 at 1:02am
Restrictions: None
Please wait while you're redirected.
THE PROMPT: "Invalid Entry

Ok everyone, here's the deal. Someone writes a blog entry to start the day, and everyone throws their two cents in after. Easy enough.

Honestly, for the time I spend on the internet, if in fact I ever do come across this message, truth is, I'm redirected in seconds and I'm on the page I should be on. I don't have much of an issue here. I have a bigger problem (and really, aren't your problems always a little bigger than someone else's? *Smirk*) and it's not so much of a problem as it is an inconvenience, because I've found a way to prevent it.

It's right here on WDC, this problem of mine. It doesn't happen much, but often enough, and like I said, I've found a solution of sorts. My problem is that I never actually perform the act of "logging out" of WDC when I'm finished. I'm not on a shared computer, so I really never log out of anything. Don't ask me why I don't, because I don't really know. So here I am, done with WDC, close it out, maybe shut off my laptop for the night, maybe I don't, and there are times when I come back to WDC the following afternoon, open the site, and not even have to log back in. Boom, I'm ready to go.

And I'm firing off word after line after sentence after paragraph of the most kick-ass blog entry I've ever written. I'll get loads of awesome comments and likes, some talent scout will discover me, and I'll wind up on some 4th-tier cable station's smash-hit tv show, Blogging With The Stars (which is now in its 4th season and is hosted by that guy who wrote the memoir and it turned out to be a fake and he cried on Oprah about it). And then I hit the "Save Entry" button, full of satisfied glee.

Only, I'm redirected. "An error occurred. Please sign in to your account." And then my jaw drops. My fingers clench. My face gets hot. I click the back button, thinking it's ok. Yeah, if blank title and entry fields are ok. So I scream and grrrr, as if that's going to intimidate my stupid computer into bringing back the greatest entry in the history of the greatest anythings. I get up and walk away, angrier than all GTFO (because it's the American thing to do...blame someone or something else).

And then I try to do the next best thing after I cool down. I attempt to recreate it after I've successfully logged back in...which never works. Ever. It is a shell of its original self (and yes, every blog entry is and of its own being), and I'm counting the millions I would've lost on endorsement deals I would've received after winning Blogging With The Stars ('cuz your homeboy over here totally would've won it). Then I cry a little inside at my foolishness and swear at my laptop that the next time it happens again, I'm pouring the wax from a lit candle all over it (and if you don't know what that means, stay tuned for the answer).

But I've become a little wiser to prevent this situation from happening circumvent the feelings of aggrivation I get when this happens. I learned a little trick. I highlight and copy my whole effin' entry before I save it. That way, if I get that bullshit error message about not being logged in and the system thinking I haven't been active for 10-15 minutes, when I have been active within that time frame, but not the time frame of the last 16 hours before, all I have to do is paste the entry back into the field and retype my title.

I know...it's child's play, internet style. But wait until the day it happens to you. Wait 'til you have to have the "typing of shame" entry. You'll know, friends. You'll know.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Yup, I'm going T-Hip two nights in a row. Hey, it's still my blog even though someone else is supplying me with a reason to post.



VITAL STATS:

*Cart* Slow night at work actually...nothing too crazy other than my creepy old lady molester person coming in to hit on me again. "Are you dropping off or picking up?" I ask her. "Neither" she says with a hint of what might've been sultryness in her voice 30 years ago. So I help her out, cash her out, and she hasn't given me enough cash but she's working on getting the change and says all playfully, "I'd never cheat youuuu!". I play my best straight face, wish her a good night, walk into my office, and tell my boss, "I'm glad I only ate half of that chicken sandwich, because I may have just thrown the other half of it up after what just happened."

Other than that, not a whole lot goin' on today. Big day off tomorrow. Doctor's appointment. Just a follow-up. Hopefully. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752127-Please-wait-while-youre-redirected