*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752278-Resin-Models-and-Restorations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#752278 added May 5, 2012 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
Resin Models and Restorations
Resin Models and Restorations

Today Linda and I took our walk. It usually stretches 3-4 miles. She is a good walker. Today to add a little variety I led her off the road and we went over a bluff. Going up a bluff is tiring and my sweet wife shot me some dirty looks and I heard a lot of muttering under her breath. Then she quit talking to me altogether. That is usually a sign that she is ticked off.

We have a golden doodle. A mix between a standard poodle and a golden retriever. She is pure white and we call her Honey. She has really started to muscle up since we started our ranging walks. Our old Labrador is bushed when we get home but Honey is just hitting her stride.

I am the treasurer of a Cemetery Association. It was founded around the Civil War and many of my family are buried there. Tomorrow is our annual meeting and I had to get the report written. I hate the job and keep hoping that someone will volunteer to take it. I took accounting when I went back to tech school and hated it. Everything has to be accounted for down to the penny… imagine that…. Spending half a day looking for a frackin penny. Anyway I do something I call an annual adjustment. If I can get within a dollar I adjust to the number on the bank statement. I am hoping to make somebody mad so I can dump the job on them, but that is an old trick and the other members are a wily bunch.

Yesterday we went antiquing and I found a couple of pieces but what I was looking for were some porcelain or bisque that was damaged and cheap. I need some things to practice my airbrushing and restoration techniques on. Anyway on the shelf on a second hand store there was a Jesus carrying a boy across the sands, leaving two footprints….You know the story… “Why were there only two footprints if we were together the prayerful one asks and the response… because I was carrying you…“ It was marked “Free” and had a fractured base making it a perfect candidate for my remedial skills. I turned it over it happened to be a piece of Lenox, bone china. To restore it I first take some auto body glaze and fill in the cracks. Then I primer it with enamel and wash it. Next I will airbrush the flesh parts and begin hand painting from there. This big stuff is much easier to hand paint than some of the dinky miniature soldiers I often do..

I also found a cowboy which was an unpainted resin piece. It was cheap because the lasso was broken off. Finally there was this rather large qupie like doll. Anyway I will be practicing on these before I try doing my expensive resin nude. On U-tube there are tutorials on how do this stuff but that will only take you so far. Just because you are a good reader does not mean you can become a good writer. It’s the same with doing models or restorations. It takes a lot of experience and a deft touch. A modicum of talent doesn’t hurt either.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752278-Resin-Models-and-Restorations