*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752481-This-ones-about-the-top-of-the-world
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#752481 added May 7, 2012 at 4:53pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the top of the world.
THE PROMPT: "Invalid Entry

Good afternoon, fine purveyors of all things righteous and good on the internet we share. blainecindy has provided us with yet another prompt that I can barely speak to, because the gist has been met in the opening salvos. Yet here I lay, armed to provide something of use to the masses. Let's see how this works out.

When I'm on top of the world, I don't just have swagger. I am swagger. Swagger becomes my name in verb form.

And when I'm on top of the world, the money's in the right spots, and having more isn't an issue.

Bellies are full and throats are quenched when I'm on top of the world.

And if there's ever a day when I can claim to all three of the above being in place, then I'm on top of the damn world!

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I don't often know what it's like to be on top of the world, but this might feel like it, I suppose...



VITAL STATS:

*Cart* More workplace drama. Apparently we were supposed to fill out an anonymous survey through a renowned survey-taking corporation about our company and how well it engages us. I had forgotten to take that survey, which led my store manager to text me about it on my damn day off. So I took the damn survey from the luxury of my basement, on my own time. And they're not gonna like the answers, but what else is to be expected when you probably won't have a job in six months, and your boss hasn't said shit to you about it?

*Smartphone* Days when I can walk over to the landlord, pay the rent, and then hit the store to make dinner, keep myself satisfied, make a few calls after paying the phone bill, reschedule some appointments, make a customer service call or two, get my Atmos download card to finally work, and take that busted-ass survey? Hi world...I now sit atop you...please bring me your finest meats and cheeses. *Smirk*

And now I either check up on you, take a nap, or look for another excuse to post what I'm going to post anyway. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752481-This-ones-about-the-top-of-the-world