*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752608-How-am-I-enjoying-the-follow-me-blog-format-so-far
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#752608 added May 9, 2012 at 9:01pm
Restrictions: None
How am I enjoying the follow me blog format so far?
i do love the blog prompts. It takes a lot of pressure off when I do not have to think up a topic to write on, although I am beginning to miss that a little. So today's "no show" has come at a good time for me.

I check out a lot of movies from my county library, and did I get a big surprise yesterday when I received email notices that two movies I had on hold were ready for me to pick up. Two relatively new movies, The Descendants and War Horse.

I just watched The Descendants and thoroughly enjoyed it. I especially liked the Hawaian music playing in the background. One of my very favorite songs is Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Izzy (I can't spell his real name). He's Hawaian and sadly, passed away a while back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I That is so beautiful.

What a dilemma George Clooney had in this movie. I think when you watch a movie like this, you can't help but wonder how you would react to similar circumstances...and I guess that is what the author wants. I did think he was little bit of a wimp, but in the end he was a better man for it. I love sad endings that are happy...sounds like an oxymoron...but that is exactly what it was.

Now I'm thinking about watching War Horse, but not tonight. Hope it's not as sad as the trailers made out. I can barely watch the Derby anymore after all the accidents that have happened. I can still picture Barbaro breaking his leg on the gate and then later, dying from complications. Thank goodness all went smoothly this year. I'll Have Another, this year's winner, http://www.kentuckyderby.com/news/photos/kentucky-derby-137-winners-circle is already at Pimlico for the Preakness. Good luck! Isn't he pretty?

until next time....c

moon over ocean at night

© Copyright 2012 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752608-How-am-I-enjoying-the-follow-me-blog-format-so-far