*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753935-ISurrender
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#753935 added June 5, 2012 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
ISurrender
I've done it. I knew I would eventually. Only a matter of time before all my reasons for not doing it went out the window.

I went shopping with my friend Jane last week. She's a sweety and a bit of a techy. Turned out she needed to call in a phone shop to switch servers, so while she was discussing that with an assistant I found myself wandering not for the first time towards the iPhones.

I don't need an iPhone I kept telling myself. I hardly make any calls and send few texts. I already have a decent camera, access to music from multiple sources and am not someone who needs to be constantly tweeting or posting my movements on Facebook. I don't play games very often and hardly have enough online contacts to want to be messaging or video conferencing. I don't need maps as I don't drive or go far generally. I'm not really bothered about checking the weather as it's pretty obvious it's generally lousy and my stocks and shares are non existent so there's no need to follow them.

So, I now have an iPhone. It seemed only right to own a matching set. IMac, iPad, iPod, iPhone. Amazing how they all work together and communicate so well. I wish I could say the same for my brain cells as I fear it will take the rest of my days to get my head round all this new stuffage. Jane says she'll get me another device so as to ensure I have FIVE iTems. I was hoping she might mean a nice bit of iCandy such as Will iAm, but turns out she was thinking of an iRon. Now, that's definitely something I can live without.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753935-ISurrender