*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753978-Chapter-35-Before-Your-Love-Kenyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753978 added June 2, 2012 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 35: Before Your Love Kenyon
Chapter 35: Kenyon

At last. I thought as I watched her chest rise and fall, against mine. Her soft cherry lips subtly parted as if begging to be kissed. We were in a secluded area lying on the hood of the Mustang overlooking the beautiful city lights and next to it an endless sparkling mass of water. I could have fallen into a slumber beside her, I was tired enough but I didn't want to miss a moment. She was too precious, and I didn't want the moment to end.
This was a new incredible norm for me. I had never felt so alive, so complete. She was a bright light in endless darkness. I was completely, undeniably in love with her and at last she was mine, and I would no longer let anyone come in between us. Suddenly her eyes began to flutter open. She let out a soft moan.
Her gorgeous eyes looked into mine and she smiled. "Was I snoring?"
"No." I assured her.
She pressed her lips softly to mine. "I love you Kenyon." Her eyes then searched mine. They twinkled like stars in the night sky.
"I love you, Sorrell, more than you will ever know." I kissed her again more passionately.
She parted her lips from mine. "Kenyon," she looked up at me. "Can I ask you something?"
"Anything, angel!" I ran my finger down her chin.
"Who is this girl? I mean, do I know her?"
I had to laugh. "You just won't let this go."
"I have to know Kenyon. I am so serious. "
"Are you sure you can handle it?" I warned.
She smiled sweetly. "Lay it on me. Who is she? I want to size up my competition."
"She isn't competition Sorrell."
"Why not you are still in love with her aren't you?"
I gazed into her amazing eyes. "Completely!"
She frowned. "See, now you have to tell me. I feel like you are cheating on me."
"All right, I'll tell you the identity of this mystery woman, that has plagued you for so long."
She lightly punched me. "Don't joke Kenyon."
"Okay, no more jokes." I propped myself up on my elbow. "You deserve to know and you will." I took a breath. "The girl is…" I paused. "You."
She punched me harder with most of her strength, which was nothing to me, I had to laugh. "It's not funny. Kenyon."
I couldn't hold in my laughter. "I'm sorry Sorrell."
"If you didn't want to tell me, that's all you had to say." My laughter stopped when I realized that I had really upset her. She slid off the Mustang, I quickly trailed her. I grabbed her by the waist and held her close as she crossed her arms angrily.
"Sorrell, I'm serious. I have been in love with you since I was twelve."
She smacked. "You didn't know me when you were twelve Kenyon. It's not funny!" She broke from my hold and got in the car. I just stood there shocked. I could not believe that she didn't believe me. I hadn't planned on that and I wasn't sure how I could convince, but I knew that I was already in the doghouse, so I had to find a way to convince her and fast.
"Kenyon." Sorrell rolled down the window. "I have to get home. My dad has been calling and calling."
"Okay." I got in the car and drove off.
Great! I thought Now not only is Sorrell mad at me. I have to deal with her angry father. This just wasn't my night.
When I drove up to Sorrell's house, the door was wide open and her father ran out to meet us as soon as we got out of the car.
"Where have you been?" he shouted. "I have been worried sick. Charlotte says she sent you home early, you weren't answering your phone."
"Dad, I fell asleep. I'm sorry!"
He shot her an infuriated look, "You're sorry?"
"Mr. Garnett, it's my fault. Me and Sorrell were talking and lost track of time and she fell asleep."
He shot me a more intense look. "Is that all?"
I thought about what he was implying. "Yessir. That is all that happened!"
"Yeah dad, we were just talking, and I fell asleep."
"Get in here!" He demanded. Sorrell, went in the direction of her house.
"Mr. Garnett. You have my sincerest apologies. I just didn't have the heart to wake her. "
"It's fine." He was sweating heavily and it wasn't even a hot night. "I am just glad she is home."
"With all do respect sir, is everything okay?"
"Obviously you haven't been watching the news. That creature that they've been trying to catch, just killed some students from the school"
My mouth dropped and my body went cold. "You're kidding."
He shook his head.
"Did they say who?"
"No not yet."
"Would you mind if I stayed and watched for a minute?"
There was still deep panic in his face. "Of course Kenyon come on in. You don't need to be on the streets until this thing is caught."
"Thank you sir."
I went into the little house with Mr. Garnett behind me. Sorrell was on the couch in front of the T.V. staring at it in shear horror. I beside her putting my arm around her waist. She leaned into me, and she was fully in my arms. He dad was too concerned with what was on the T.V. to even care.
The lady on television was talking about a massacre at a party with some high school students and college students. They think it was a wolf of some kind, and flashed a blurry cell phone picture of something that looked tall back and hairy with red glowing eyes. She said that they were still waiting on more details. I had a terrible thought. Randy.
He had football practice today. We could heal fast, and we were extremely strong but we weren't completly invincible. Times like this I had wished I had my physic powers. I got up.
"Mr. Garnett. I have to go home."
"Kenyon, don't be brave just sit down. You can sleep on the couch."
The thought of sleeping a few yard from Sorrell was more than inviting, but I had to resist the urge. "Thank you, but no thank you. I have to get home Mr. Garnett."
"Kenyon, I won't let you leave. You can't! No!" She stood up crossing her arms. I wrapped my arms around her waist.
"Sorrell, I have to. I have to see if my brother is okay."
"You can call him." She suggested. "Don't.-"
I put a finger to her lips. "I have to. I'll see you tomorrow at school."
"You promise."
I smiled and cupped her beautiful face. "I promise, Sorrell."
"Lock the door behind me okay?" I kissed her forehead.
"Call me when you get home."
"Okay.
I left in the Mustang and drove as fast as I could back to Beaufort. I was thankful that I didn't get stopped. I first went over to the cottage but no lights were on, I was guessing everyone was at Satordi's Mansion so I raced over there. I was right because all of his lights were on. I came through the door and followed the sound of the T.V. and found everyone in Satordi's family room, crowded in front of the television. I searched the crowd for Randy and was happy that I found him.
Satordi got in front of the crowd in front of the television. "All right, settle down. We obviously have a werewolf problem, we need to track him down before sunrise and before he causes anymore trouble. Let's go!"
Randy and I went up to Satordi. "Satordi, what do you want us to do?" asked Randy.
"Nothing, you two stay here."
We looked at each other and then back at Satordi. I spoke up. "Satordi, seriously, we could help."
"Kenyon, you know we can’t afford to risk you two. That thing would take you out without a second thought. Stay here, keep guard at the ranch." He then took off out of his mansion into the night.
"Those are our friends Kenyon!" Randy looked at me. I had never been one to make many friends like Randy more acquaintances. I had gotten close to Sorrell's small circle of friends, that one strange kid in my Language Arts class that I had talked to only briefly. He seemed pretty cool. I found it strange that I only remembered him from the first day of school. I couldn't wrap my mind around why I couldn't see in my brain, in my class for any other day.
Even still, acquaintances friends, this was way too close to home, for me to sleep at night, me and Randy started our own two man-wolf search party.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753978-Chapter-35-Before-Your-Love-Kenyon