*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754366-Cyberwar-The-next-stage-in-the-evolution-of-war
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#754366 added June 7, 2012 at 10:13pm
Restrictions: None
Cyberwar: The next stage in the evolution of war
Thursday, June 7, 2012, Day 7 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Cyberwar - Should governments be using it? With all the breaking news about what has been done to Iran lately (and Israel's admittance of using cyber-hacking techniques), how do you feel and what if other countries started using it against your country?"


Cyberwar is the next stage in the evolution of war. The reason I write this is that there is nothing invented or created by humanity that the human race has not managed in someway to use as weapon against another member or members of the human race.

I am against using it, but my opinion in this matter is of no consequence. Pandora’s box has been opened and the demons of hell have escaped. One country has admitted to using cyber-hacking against enemy systems. The question now, is how many other countries are using it that no one has caught? How many other countries are using it, but have not admitted to cyber-hacking?

I am not a pessimist. I am stating a reality. When humanity discovers a new technology, we have a choice. We can use the technology for good or for evil. Some people will use it for good. Some people will use it for evil. Some countries will use the technology for the good of humanity. Some countries will use the technology in an attempt to destroy humanity.

The one thing we have to remember when using any type of technology against an enemy or a perceived enemy is that we (humanity) are living in an interconnected world.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754366-Cyberwar-The-next-stage-in-the-evolution-of-war