*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754483-This-ones-about-the-proverbial-last-goodbye
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#754483 added June 10, 2012 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
This one's about the proverbial "last goodbye".
THE PROMPT: "You are about to die, but have the chance to speak to one person before you pass. Tell us about that conversation."

Ugh...but I suppose it's about time. What's up y'all? Time for the "morbid prompts" era of this month's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. Not gonna lie; I was hoping we'd be avoiding this. But half of hoping is accepting being wrong.

So, let's face it. I've thought about this before. What beans to spill, what lies unfurl, what truths bared, and upon whom these should be unfolded to. And I've come to a conclusion. There isn't a single, solitary person I want my last conversation to be with (although if I'm scheduled to die, there isn't much of a way I can actually plan that out...unless I actually plan, which everyone I would consider for the "last conversation" knows that's something I don't always do very well).

I would prefer to go out as a stylish recluse. Alone in my comforts. I would want people to remember me at my most vibrant self; not some shell of a man who can't do the things he used to do 'cuz, he's, well, dying. Much similar to my feelings on how I view others dying...yes, I want to say goodbye, but that can't be my last living memory.

So I'm proposing a general "open letter", which I would personally snail mail to all of my closest individual mourners beforehand. Ok, maybe I'd email it to those of which the addresses escape me. It would look something like this:

Dear all y'all,

As you all may or not be aware, I'm on my last day of suffering from the last day of my life before that car hits me at the intersection and wipes out my memorable existence. It will be a terminal condition that wipes me off the face of society. You're receiving this because we shared something together at one point, big or small. This is not a farewell, but a thank you.

To my closest friends: I love you all as my brothers and sisters. You all have helped me become who I am. Whether we were piggy-backing or being the piggy-backers, we had each others' backs 'til the end. I'll never be able to say what it meant or how much, but it was appreciated. I'll be looking up at you from the burning fires of Hell that we'll reconvene in when your numbers are up.

To the many lives I've touched when our paths didn't: Your support is immeasurable. I'm just a guy who always played the role of me, and you took it to heart. I can't thank you enough for letting me be whatever part of your lives that I was to you.

To the loves found, lost, and in-between: Yes, it was me, and not you. For whatever reasons, I was born without the relationship genes. But I hope I at least enriched your life in some way...the same way I was enriched by you enough to have fallen in love at one point. I'm saving a banquet room down below for all of you so we can all mingle someday.

To the family I no longer have: I've said my peace and apologized as much as I can for everything that has happened, but there are two sides to every story. I may not love you for the genes we share, but I can appreciate a lot of shared experiences and good memories. Just, uhhh, watch out for karma (in case it hasn't visited you already).

In closing, if you're reading this, I owe you a debt of thanks and gratitude. And I encourage you to pass this letter along to anyone you know who I forgot or couldn't reach. It's been a fantastic roller coaster ride that's coming to the end, my friends. I love you all. The best part of this is you all know what to do without me. Peace, love, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

Respectfully,
*Pointright*This guy!*Pointleft*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

In a rare moment of listening to music while typing an entry, I came across this, and yo, it fits.



VITAL STATS:

*Bullet**Check* I feel bad...tonight's Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals and I was supposed to hang with my boy Adam, but I wasn't up to it. Took a nap after a crappy day at work and I'm still recovering from work and all. But GO KINGS!!

*Tv* I did manage to come across the necessary cables to hook up my new dvd player to the tv in my ManCave, so that's all set. Now I can watch sweet music being played through tiny speakers that deliver surprisingly good sound from the spare Harman/Kardon receiver from DMFM. Yes, I'm an audiophile. *Delight*

*Male* That being said, should everything fall into place, The ManCave will be complete tomorrow. The rest of the pictures will be hung, it will be free of cat hair, and my vision will be 99% complete...just need some cable/satellite down here. Posted on Facebook will be pictures, soon.

*Equalizer* And Buffalo radio, what's wrong with you? When I step out into the garage and turn on the radio to the local ESPN Radio affiliate for a few minutes, why are you broadcasting a basketball game? This is a hockey town...it's Hockey Heaven for cryin' out loud. Know your markets!! More people care about Lord Stanley's Cup here than some (I don't even know what it's called) basketball trophy. Get right with this!

And with that, I'm out. Gonna find a new dvd to put in, finish off my night, and maybe sleep down here where it's comfortable. I might even figure out a way to segregate my music dvd's from the large crowd upstairs down here. We'll see how that goes. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754483-This-ones-about-the-proverbial-last-goodbye