*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754635-A-smallshort-family-reunion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#754635 added June 11, 2012 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
A small/short family reunion
Monday, June 11, 2012, Day 11 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Tell us about a family visit; either you visited them or they visited you. Recently or long ago. Good...or bad."


Family visit
Sister brother and nephews
A short reunion

My sister, Faye, came to visit last Wednesday or Thursday, June 6 or 7, and left today, Monday, June 11. It was nice having her here. Mom enjoyed the visit. On Friday, the C.N.A. (not the regular one) was late; so I had to give Mom her bath. My sister helped me and I’m not sure I could have bathed Mom with Faye’s help. It was nice having my sister here all weekend.

On Friday, one of my brothers and his sons came to town. The didn’t stay long because they came for the graduation of one of my brother granddaughters. My brother, Frank, and my sister went to the graduation. I would have liked to go, but for that to happen I needed to get someone to stay with Mom on Saturday morning.

If I get someone to stay with Mom, I have to plan at least two weeks ahead. because once I find the person, preferable a woman, I have to bring her into the house and introduce her to Mom. Mom gets upset and angry staying with someone she doesn’t know, so it just doesn’t pay to upset Mom.

Anyway, Frank introduced Mom to her grandsons again. Mom doesn’t remember them from one time to another. Each time she meets to two boys her face lights up and she is happy. That is one of the advantages of short-term memory lose; each time Mom meets someone she has forgotten it’s as if she is meeting them for the first time. If it’s a grandchild or great grandchild then it’s a joyous occasion every time.

Meeting her grandsons
A joyous experience
Each time they visit

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754635-A-smallshort-family-reunion